Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Hello...I wish I had more photos for you...well, actually I have a lot...but I am just so annoyed with blogger for always failing to publish after I've uploaded about half a million photos...like such a freaking waste of time. :(

Anyway, I first spent a week or more feeling like crap...but it really helped when Marcus was here...did not think so much about feeling like crap...and actually felt quite happy because he always makes me laugh...even if it's kinda silly.

The weather was actually kinda bad over the past week or so...so I basically stayed at home and rotted...oh...and I worked on my project, which requires a lot of formatting and using weird authoring programmes...why oh why am I expected to know all of this? But at least the project looks sort of acceptable now...just have the hardest part left: the exercises...and honestly, there are soooo many factors to take note of...I feel like throwing in the towel...but of course I won't...Mai and I have invested way too much time and energy in this...and although there's all this formatting and authoring crap, it's actually one of the most fun ways to get a Leistungsnachweis...so I believe. I still need to continue working on this until Wednesday, when Mai and I will have another project meetings...odds are that I will have to convert the exercises to EF format for her as well...but honest, manual labour becomes me...I have no problem with that...it's the thinking and intellectual bit that drives me insane. Ok, will work on it all day tmr, until I have to go for class.

Semester starts tomorrow...I have the crappiest timetable EVER!!! *puke* Afternoon/night classes 3 days a week...I'd rather wake up at 6am to go for the 7.30am classes man! I like to have my evening to myself...do not want to run around at night during winter...it is positively freezing!! Oh the cruelty of the timetable gods!!! So many clashes and so many last minute changes...and some assholes of Lit profs who are so elitist..with all their silly Einschreiblisten...oh please...you think we are going to sit around the Institute every single day and wait for your freaking lists to be put up on the board? Einschreiblisten are not my fave thing in the world...but I can accept it if you freaking make it clear WHEN, WHERE and HOW you are supposed to register...like our faculty is on a freaking HILL...and not near the bus stop...you think what? We pop by on our way to the Mensa meh? Oh please!

Well, after getting all angry about that, I realised that having one class less this sem isn't that bad...at least I might not die from stress. And well, I guess the only way I'll survive is to look forward to the weekends, when I get to see Marcus.

We had a really nice weekend...he came over on Friday and we baked an apple cake for the Mid-Autumn celebrations that my neighbours and I were having. It looked absolutely NOTHING like the photo in the recipe book...but it tasted good. :) Mai and Phuong made Vietnamese spring rolls...and Fu Wei cooked leg of pork with vinegar and ginger. I also had a pandan mooncake which I shared with everyone...we also played with the lanterns I brought...everyone seemed happy to reminisce their childhood...Phuong said it was a really great present.

The next day, Marcus and I got up late...and had pancakes for brunch. He loves his with applesauce and I had mine with butter and honey. Then we went to the cinema and watched "Deutschland: Ein Sommermärchen" because I am such a big Germany fan...it was quite cool, getting an inside look into the workings of a football team...oh..and Klinsi and a lot of my fave players were in it...I am so going to buy the dvd...Figo and Totti were in it too! Sigh...haha...Marcus kept saying "Oh...there's the man of your dreams" and he said this like 5 times at least that day...because I like Klinsi, Bierhoff, Figo, Totti and Milan Baros and more (that I didn't tell him..haha). Only thing that annoyed me was how shaky the camera was...that, coupled with the stuffiness of the cinema (super crowded man!) made me feel like I needed to throw up.

After that, we went to Citibank, to Sparkasse, then to the supermarket to buy stuff to have for dinner and probably lunch the next day...despite me wanting to wean him off Maggi and Knorr Fix products, I couldn't resist the ..oh dear, I forgot the name...anyway, it was a tomato-based sauce which we poured over cheese and ham rolled up in pork filets. Yummy!

We had dinner and watched the friendly between Germany and Georgia. Germany won 2-0...but it wasn't a spectacular match...there wasn't any outstanding player...but I guess Joachim Löw was just experimenting with some new players...after all, it was just a friendly...and there's the EURO 2008 qualifying match against Slovakia on Wednesday...so I suppose he is saving the best players for that match.

I was so tired that I fell asleep right after that match though. We woke up quite early this morning...but stayed in bed till 10am or so...then we had breakfast, did the laundry and decided to go on a walk to the Großer Garten because the weather was absolutely gorgeous! Blue skies and everything...such a welcome change from the rain of the past few days. We sat on a bench and just talked, enjoying the pleasant weather for nearly an hour...or maybe more?...then we had Bratwurst and Apfelschorle and slowly walked back to my place.

We picked up the laundry from the basement...and then we played Ligretto and ate Pringles until he had to leave...we played Ligretto and ate Pringles on Tuesday too, also right before he had to leave...and this time, he beat me...haha...but it's ok...winning all the time is boring.

Will have to wait till Friday to see him again...sigh. Pity I can't be with him on his birthday on Tuesday...but he's going to his grandma's place. I made him bring the presents I got him back to Leipzig with him...but he says he only wants to open them on Friday, when I get there. :) Silly boy.

Ok, eyes are closing...will end here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home