Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Monday, October 09, 2006

Whoa...like of all the shit things that can happen on your final exam day, Fu Wei really got to experience one of the "best". It was an oral exam...and guess what? The prof wasn't in his office! She waited for 90 WHOLE minutes and the secretary wasn't there either..was sick or some crap. Like what the hell man??!! I feel so sorry for her. It was supposed to be her last exam and she is going to Berlin tomorrow and flying off to Scandinavia on Wednesday. I mean she has to go since everything is booked already...but man, she must be totally NOT in the mood anymore. I feel so damn sorry for her!

Well, my first day back at school was kinda weird. It was just such a looong looong summer that studying seems like it belongs in a different dimension. It felt weird to sit on a chair in school and listen to someone talk in front. I kept drifting off and not paying attention. Seems like my attention span has evaporated into thin air.

Actually, I slept in this morning...till 10am...well, I had my breakfast, then I went back to bed. After I got up again, I decided to stop wasting time and actually start working on my project. And I did...and it surprisingly didn't take very long. I almost finished everything I had planned to finish by Wednesday even before lunch.

Then, I joined Fu Wei for lunch...cos she wanted to like test out what she had studied for her exam...she made lunch too...rice with lapcheong, dried scallop and mushrooms...and green bean sago soup for dessert. I ate a lot, cos I thought I wouldn't be having dinner till 8pm.

However, after having lunch with her and hearing a lot about "Sturm und Drang", I continued to work on my project...and then when I was done, I decided to shower and then watch TV. I watched "Das Familiengericht"...which is one of the crappy courtshows I used to watch every day...I dunno...lots of people hate it...but I just can't stop watching it once I've started, because I just wanna find out what happens. And today's episode was about this 14-year old girl who ran away from home and almost killed herself. She had this huge secret to hide...but no one knew what it was! Then, they found out: she had been pregnant and after giving birth to the baby, had left it at the doorstep of a family whom she knew would take good care of the baby.

But whoa..if you think about it, it's probably really really scary to find out at 14 that you are pregnant. I certainly wouldn't know what to do...I mean whether you keep the kid or go for an abortion...it doesn't matter...as a 14-year old, how can you think these things through rationally? How can you decide what is the best way to go about dealing with an unwanted pregnancy? And the worst part was that she felt she couldn't tell her parents about it at all. I mean as an adult, it might be fine if your parents don't know...but that's cos you're old enough to make calculated decisions...but not if you're 14! Man...it must be terrible to be stuck in such a situation at 14, especially when you still go to school and live with your parent(s) and all.

Well, and cos I didn't have any homework to do while watching the show (I usually only ever watch TV when I am doing homework..unless it's football), I ended up eating more than half the can of Pringles..I detest potato chips..they always make me eat them until the whole container is gone! I did that with a can of sour cream and onion last week! *sigh*

Then I went for class...apparently there was an extremely chaotic situation for the GLC 5s...some people had to take their exams at the end of this semester and thus the teachers were sort of obliged to take them into the class. So these people had priority...and then she had to go through the regular list and add the others depending on where they were on the list. The class actually had only 24 places...and I was the 25th. So she asked me what the situation was..and I said, well, I could give my place up (everyone who gave up their place was promised a place next semester) but I would like to do it this sem because I would like to take the preliminary language exam at the end of Sommersemester 2007 because I am heading off to Singapore for 1/2 a year in Winter 2007. So she let me in...and one last person. Phew. She said she had heard many good things about me...which is not very good when it is announced to the whole class...cos some people start hating you. But I am sure it was well meant.

The next lesson was with the same teacher. It's a theatre workshop..which means: no written homework! Yay! There were like TONS of people...which was damn weird cos like when I registered, there were only like 5 people on the list. I thought I walked into the wrong room! But anyway, it was kinda fun...mostly ice breakers but we also read an exerpt from an Agatha Christie play.

Then I rushed home so that I could chat with Marcus and also cos I was a bit hungry...and despite the huge lunch and half a can of Pringles, I ate 1 Brötchen with cheese and 2 slices of ham. I am so gonna get fat this winter. Will stay away from Pringles and potato chips if possible man!

Oh dear...I am sneezing. Either it's too cold or there's too much dust in this room.

This week is actually super slack...only have 8 Doppelstunden, because the language classes (of which take up 4 DS) have not started. Still, I am looking very much forward to the weekend already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home