Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, January 05, 2007

Ode to Marcus


(Sorry...I am not going to write a poem because I am not in a poetic mood...but I just have to repeat for the gazillionth time that Marcus is a fabulous guy and excellent boyfriend...if you don't wanna read, I won't feel insulted)

Anyway, there are people you can do crazy things for and they'll never ever appreciate it...but I don't think I could ever take Marcus for granted...not after all the things he's done for me. Maybe there are people out there who think these things are expected of boyfriends...that they go to such lengths for you...but I don't think so...I know of many people who wouldn't bother. One of the worst things you can do to someone in a relationship is to take them for granted...and I hope that I will never do that...neither to Marcus nor any of my family and friends.

Marcus has done for me much more than any of my ex-boyfriends have done...when I had diarrhoea, he sent me to the hospital and waited with me...and kept asking the nurses when someone would come...and then when I needed medicine in the middle of the night, he feverishly searched online for a pharmacy that was open on Sunday night...and drove there to get the medicine for me. When I was feeling really crap once and had to go to the doctor in another town, he came along with me too...and when I was sick in Budapest, he took really good care of me...he made me a hot water bottle every night, made dinner and made sure I took my medicine.

He surprised me twice by driving over to Dresden a day earlier than he was expected...and even drove to Dresden for one day, just to attend Fu Wei's birthday party. And although he had wanted to leave earlier, he ended up staying and helping us to clear the place up...and consequently had to wake up at 3 am to drive home and then to work...but he never ever complained. He spent every free day he had with me...I mean you don't literally have to do that...but to want to spend time with me is good enough...but it hasn't always been this way with other people...and ok, I admit I haven't actually liked any other guy enough to want to see so much of him before.

He puts up with my horrid temper...though he's never made me really angry before...we hardly ever argue because he knows that even if I get upset, it'll pass in 10-15 minutes. He plays with Hoppy and co. and doesn't tell me to throw them away and stop being childish. He gladly goes shopping with me...

But what actually inspired me to write this piece? ..I am never good at getting to the point, but here it is: he was supposed to come over only next Friday, after work...because he and I both have to study for our respective exams. When he saw me online this evening, I told him that I wanted to sms him this morning and ask him if I could come over and promise that we'd both spend the whole time studying. And then he asked, "Should I come over?" Though I knew it was irrational and a lot to ask, I said I would be very happy if he would...and he actually did! He said, ok, I'll shower, change and be there at 10pm. And he wasn't joking...he really did come over for the weekend.

He's so reliable...if I need him, he'll be there, no matter how ridiculous it is. He has never ever let me down...is that even humanly possible? I've been hurt by so many broken promises before...people who say they'll call and don't...people who take me for granted...but Marcus has proven to me that being reliable isn't an overrated virtue and I love him so much for that. I don't need a guy with lots of money or muscles...all I've ever wanted was someone who does what he says...and Marcus is exactly that...I must be dreaming.

It's funny...usually proximity breeds enmity, but the more time I spend with him, the harder it is for me to say goodbye when it's time for him to leave. I always thought love songs were stupid when they said, "I love you more each day" but it's somehow true with Marcus. The better I know him, the more I love him....although in most cases, the less you know, the more you can project and thus be happier ;) (Rachel and I call this the perfect woman fantasy...but applies to men too)

It's going to be hard to be apart from him the 4 months I have to be in Singapore...but I don't even want to think about that. I can't even bear to not see him for 5 days. I've become the soppy romantic I used to despise...but I don't regret it...Marcus is worth being vulnerable for...

I am addicted to him...

...ich liebe dich, baby!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home