Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Haha...I just read Tiffany's description of Springs of Life, so I shall come up with my own version of an ode to "Wan Quan Yu Le" (see, I still remember my hanyu pinyin). Audrey started this whole thing actually. Audrey's gotten me hooked to a lot of stuff, like last time, it was bubble tea and now it's Chinese shows. The first time I watched it was when Audrey, Han and Rachel stayed over at my place. Audrey was convinced that Shan Wei is gay coz she has this has this theory that all guys who are something Wei are gay...don't ask me why. So anyway, I watch and think Shan Wei is cute (who cares if he's gay, it's a fantasy, but I don't think he is), BUT I didn't like really start watching it till after New Year (I think) cos I've been going out like crazy.

Anyway, now that practically everyone I know is working or donning the green suit and preparing to die for the country (I shall not make any political comments), I have lotsa time, so I sit in front of the gogglebox and watch 2 Taiwanese guys make fools out of themselves. Why do I like the show even though I'm allergic to Chinese? Hmmm, well, firstly, I think Shan Wei is cute, even if no one else really thinks so. He and Wang Ren Fu are super funny together. Ying Han and I prefer Shan Wei to the other 2 but Audrey prefers Meng Zhe.

I like Meng Zhe's name....reason number 2. Yes, dumb reason, but he's so blur and I love the name. If I ever have a son, I'm gonna call him Meng Zhe too...(well, that's hardly likely...having a kid in the first place I mean)

Reason number 3? I love all the crazy games they play and the weird tips they give eg. Feng Shui, How to catch a crush's interest, How to lose weight, What Hat suits you...etc etc. Not truly informative, but very funny nonetheless.

Reason 4: I love the HHUUUUUGGGGEEE Mashimaro thingy that they keep tossing over each other's heads!! Childish lah, but what can I say? I have this awful weakness for stuffed animals...I have a whole cupboard full of them and then some. My sisters gave me the big gigantic Happy House Pig for Christmas...it takes up half of my bed, which is good, cos when I was younger, I couldn't sleep alone...esp in the day! Had this ridiculous, inane fear of sleeping alone...ugh.

Hmm...what else can I say about the show? Well, you get nothing like that in Singapore. Pple just aren't as spontaneous here. I've watched so many shows and I think Singaporeans are like so super stiff and fuddy-duddy man! Lighten up!! That's really why I love the show...think they have something to teach us y'know... not some moral sermon, but how to have fun!!!!! PARTY man!!!

All in all, my view on the show and why I continue watching it is: watching cute guys having fun...what could be better than that?? Haha....till next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home