Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Monday, April 19, 2004

Yay! I have my internet back again! My neighbour would probably tell me not to be happy too soon...and as history has proven, there is always a TOO soon. This time I had my account suspended...hit 1000% of a 3 GB limit for 7 days. The internet guy said Congrats, cos no one has even come anywhere near that. I'm still reeling from the disbelief, but well, I have my internet back. There is a possibility that there's some trojan program on my com...downloading stuff using my IP add, but so far it's been okay. I just need to monitor the traffic and see how it goes. It was kinda scary though...could probably install a firewall, but erm, I have no idea where to get a reliable one that also won't mess up my ICQ or MSN messenger.

Ah well, it feels good to be able to surf the www again. Erm, though I really shouldn't get distracted and spend less time on my homework. There's lots of homework and it's piling up...but I guess it's still pretty okay these days. I shudder to think what it'll be like later in the semester.

I'm kinda dying to visit the UK now, after what my lecturer said about all the cool places to visit in the UK. But there's not much time this sem, except for the Whitsunday break. But well, dunno if anyone'll wanna go with me.

Yikes...the caretaker is outside now! She's scary! I am so freaked out by her. She looks super fierce and sounds even fiercer! Good thing she is not looking for me...if not I'd just faint man. Oh, and there'll be an inspection in May...so have to get the place all clean and stuff. Good thing my designated area is the wash area and not the toilet...I'd have serious problems keeping the toilet clean. In case you were wondering, the big fuss outside is about a fridge...I don't know why. I use the one in my room anyway. She's scolding someone now. No doubt the walls are thin, but her voice is super loud too.

I really wish I had more interesting stuff to say now, but my mind's really distracted by the caretaker's voice! I'll update another time!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home