Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Thursday, December 22, 2005

It's 2 days to Christmas eve...and while I think everything's beautiful and all, I'm a bit sad knowing that I will be spending Christmas alone. It's not really my first Christmas alone...during the first Christmas I spent in Germany...well, I watched "Xi Jie Shao Nian" VCDs the whole day...and last year, I spent Christmas arguing with my ex because of a phone call and my impending trip to Krakau. But at least I wasn't alone. Holidays can either be great or depressing. To be totally honest, I'm not depressed. I know I can handle Christmas alone..it's just a little sad. I'm just a little scared...I mean what if I have to spend many more Christmasses alone? What will it be like when I'm 50. Will I be alone? Like most other people, I wish for a loving family...most of all at Christmas time. I mean sure, I need lots of alone time sometimes, but there's gotta be situations where I get to come out of my hole in the sand.

Still I have to count my blessings! :)

Angeline is flying back to Singapore tomorrow...and when she comes back, she'll be working in the south of Germany...so I won't get to see her for a long time and her husband's contract in Freiberg is running out soon anyway, so if she's in Dresden, it'll only be for a holiday. I'm glad I got to meet her on Monday, even if I skipped Czech class to do it. I'll miss her!

I got to meet up with Steffi today...and we went to the Weihnachtsmarkt. After that, we went shopping for toiletries...I love it! There were so many things I wanted to buy, but I decided to stop hoarding stuff like my dad. I'll only buy stuff when I need it. I bought toilet paper though...haha...cos it takes up so much space usually, so I cannot buy it when I do my usual grocery shopping. We also had ice cream...I was so happy! Have been wanting to eat ice cream for a while, but everyone keeps telling me it's too cold for it. Heh. Then we went to watch the Jennifer Aniston movie with Kevin Costner and Mark Raffalo..Wo die Liebe hinfällt...it wasn't too great, but Jennifer Aniston is pretty...I love her hair! Well, then I'll only get to see Steffi sometime next year, cos she's leaving Dresden on 3rd Jan, the day I come back from Vienna. Oh well...I hope our plans to visit Scotland next year will work out. :)

Liu Jian's back in Germany too, but she's visiting her husband in Bamberg...so she's not coming back to Dresden. She sent me a postcard from Georgia and I managed to talk to her online today...so it's good. She's looking forward to coming back to Dresden next year...:)

I even got to talk to Suyeon, who's now in Wittenherdecke (somewhere near Cologne and Düsseldorf). I haven't spoken to her in eons. She's in Paris and will be going to visit her boyfriend in Berlin soon.

It's so nice to catch up with people you haven't seen or heard from in a while.

And I've got a couple of presents which I can open on Christmas Day...even though they are not from my family, I'm happy. Steffi and her family have given me 2 presents, and I have some from my former landlady too...boy, it'll be great! I'm really looking forward to Christmas...and I'll cook myself something nice as well.

So I guess, it's not all that bad after all (except for the CRAP homework we have)...and I will be going to Salzburg and Vienna soon...

It's good to count your blessings :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home