Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Have a verbal vomit urge. That despite having written 13 pages in 2 days...I have a 10,000 word paper on my hands. Waiting for my mum to read it so that I can email and post it to my prof tomorrow. It is not at all an intellectual piece. I have no idea how I managed to ramble for 10,000 words/25 pages. 2 days after the deadline. Hope he accepts it. I think I am headed for a 3.0 or something. It totally lacks substance.

But, it's almost done..just the corrections and the content page...then I can work in peace.

My long-awaited off-day will be spent at work. There is nothing sadder than going back to work when EVERYONE else is not working and not being paid for it. I mean I am ok with sacrificing some of my free time. That's what I do on Saturdays...but that's precisely the reason why I wanted this break so much! A weekday where nearly everyone else is working...a chance to go out when not everything is so crowded. A day I was going to spend swimming, shopping and chatting with Marcus. Now I have to go back at 1pm tomorrow. I thought someone was playing a trick on me.

This teacher called today just before lunch and announced that she was coming for the exhibtion tomorrow. Yes, announced...not ASKED. When I said the Institut was closed tomorrow, she said when she was there last week, there weren't any signs and the postcards said "4 September - 13 October"...well, honestly, even if we were open, I might've been having another tour...then I have no idea what she would do. Anyway, when I told her we were closed, she said but she already booked the bus...so I said I'd get the key and open it for her tomorrow. But hello, I wouldn't be stupid enough to book a bus before I knew if the person was free or not. My blood is boiling..seriously. But I am going back tomorrow...because I am nice...because this is only temporary and because the exhibition is only on until 12th October. I work 6 days a week...more than anyone else there...and I am not paid...I have to spend money getting into town. I mean I don't blame the company..but I mean other people...hello...have the courtesy to check with me in advance!! Ah well..I suppose I wanted to go to Bugis, so I'd have to go in the direction of town anyway..but hmm..I mean I wanted the freedom of having a choice to stay at home and slack the whole day too. I also need to top up my EZ-link card as well...bleargh...all these errands to run..and now work.

I wanna scream man! But well, at least the paper's more or less complete..one less worry.

Tons more to write about, but I suppose I'll go work on the contents page now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home