Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Saturday, November 08, 2003

Yay!!! I finally got a mobile! Or Handy, as they call it here. It wasn't such a simple task, as I was to find out.

I went to the O2 shop and handed in all my documents and gave a few signatures and even chose a phone..then the lady told me to come back in an hour...so I did...by which time the shop was like so totally crowded...but I patiently waited, cos well, gonna finally get a phone, right? SO waited and waited...then the lady said, "Sorry, your contract has been rejected by O2" and she said she couldn't give me a reason cos of "Datenschutz" which is I suppose a confidentiality thing in English. But I wasn't satisfied with that answer, so I waited till the shop was less crowded to ask again. Same answer..totally didn't know what could be wrong, but since O2 doesn't want my business, then I decided to go to Vodafone, since their deal seems quite good too and their service is like 1000 times better.

Thank God the contract went through at Vodafone. As expected, the lady serving me there was very friendly and helpful and I chose a gorgeous Sharp phone with camera and high-resolution screen...all for just €49..without GST. At first I was thinking of not getting a phone, but well, that gorgeous phone was just saying "Take me home"! So I have a Sharp GX10i now! Yay! It's supposedly a Vodafone exclusive. I like the idea of a foldable phone...plus, can finally hang things from the antenna!

Haha, okay, so that was my adventure with the handphone today. Now trying to figure out how to cancel my GPRS...hm. Dunno why cannot turn it off! Oh well. Hopefully it'll come to me somehow.

Hey Rach, so glad to hear from you...leave me more messages when you can!

Okay, spent way too long online again. Gonna play with my phone now...ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home