Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I got a 1-2 for my linguistics test...horrible man...I really really wanted a 1 for this one...but what to do? I was super careless. Good thing didn't minus any more marks than I had already.

The weekend was great! It was such a relief from all the exam pressure. Plus, it was super good to see Singaporeans again. I hadn't spoken so much English/Singlish for 4 months already. Bacharach was pretty...from what we saw of it anyway. The castle was on a hill though...and I mean Bukit Timah Hill-like...and we had to climb up there in darkness...it was a bit slippery too. But the view was really gorgeous and the youth hostel was pretty too, for the price we were paying. I thought I was gonna die though...it was so tiring, esp since I haven't done any exercise in eons. Good thing there were more guys than girls, so they carried the bags. But it was nice of them to offer. I know some guys who wouldn't even bother.

We had dinner, watched "The Teenage Textbook", then played charades...it was really funny, cos we came up with a lot of "un-actable" words, like "puberty", "enigma" and "corpulent"...so it was pretty funny, watching how people decided to act it out. We watched other movies and yakked a lot too. Well, I talked a lot anyway. I always talk too much when I meet new people. Ying Han says I do it to make up for the awkwardness. I wonder how people can stand me...cos in those cases, I talk too much, too loudly and say stupid things. I'm also bossy and overbearing. Well, hopefully the rest are forgiving and I didn't leave an uneraseably bad impression.

On the second day, we looked at scenery, walked around the town and had lunch at a small restaurant. It was quite funny cos all the guys were studying either some engineering subject or Elektrotechnik...so you can guess what most of the conversations were about. But it was okay, I sat next to people who didn't wanna talk engineering all the time. Then it was time for wine tasting...I didn't drink anything...but I found out quite a few things about wine. Quite a few people turned kinda red after 5 glasses..but no one was drunk. Then we went to see the vineyard...and some guys raced up the hill, which I thought was really steep! Then we walked up the hill, before it got dark. After a super relaxing shower, we went for dinner and talked again. After that we watched "Fifteen", which was funny and sad. By the way, did they show it in Singapore in the end? It is only a short film anyway. Then some of us played Snap. It was quite crazy, cos we played with poker cards and changed some of the rules and way of playing. But it was really really funny and "intellectual"..hard to explain here, but it was really fun..and from 4 players, it grew to 7. The rest were either sleeping or playing Bridge. It was great!

Then on Sunday, it was time to leave..so soon! Some people left already, by car...the rest took the train to Mainz and we had lunch at..Macs! But the important thing was the company lah. So we talked more there...and at about 12pm or so, most of the rest left. Only Jermaine, Ruth and I were left. We went to look for the washrooms, then went into a bookshop. Then Jermaine left to catch his train to Frankfurt, so Ruth and I were left. We had lunch...or rather, I had lunch. We took the train to Frankfurt...but it stopped in the middle of nowhere and no one announced that we missed the train to Dresden! So those people going to Dresden ran from Platform 1 to 10, only to find that the train had already left. So had to take another train, which wasn't direct to Dresden. Had to change halfway at Eisenach, and we almost missed that train there too, cos the train was delayed again. But thank God we didn't. Then I thought, phew, can finally relax...but they suddenly announced: this train will be ending at Leipzig. So if you are going on further to Dresden, you'd have to change trains again! I was so fuming mad man! But at least I got back!! I was so glad man...I was exhausted from the lack of sleep over the previous 2 nights.

Now it's back to school and full speed ahead for the rest of the time before exams!

Happy CNY in advance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home