Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Back so soon? Haha. Yes. Anyway, today was a LOOONG LOONG day at school. Well, basically I didn't sleep well at first the whole night, then when I was trying to take a nap before class started, the postman calling me on the intercom to tell me that I had a package just woke me up. I was really shocked man...I look so dishevelled and I had on some dress, 2 sizes too big, which I bought cheap. I must've looked a mess! Haha...but important thing is that I have my FAN...yay! It's getting warmer and warmer here, so having my electric table fan here really does help. It was a pretty idiot-proof assembly process, except one of the parts refused to be screwed on properly. It took several tries before it even looked secure enough to test. But it works fine and nothing has fallen off, so I reckon it's okay.

Apart from that, well, classes pretty much went on as usual. However, the Listening and Speaking class we had was really interesting. The teacher's great...she's relaxed and funny and all that, so it kinda makes you feel no negative pressure in the class. You just feel like talking and contributing to to discussion...erm though, I must say that it's a topic dependent thing. Anyway, my friend and I saw here on our way back and she stopped to talk to us. She's Australian...love her accent. We talked about dialects during our class and I mentioned that Singaporeans who wanna affect the high-class or cool thing love to put on fake accents. It's really quite interesting to talk about Singlish, strangely enough. I have to do a term paper on it...and a presentation. It's unfortunately not in a fun-fun kinda way. I actually have to analyse the morpho-syntactical structures, phonems, grammar (or lack of it) and all that. I wish I had some recording of Singlish...it would be fun to play it in front of the class during the presentation. However, there's a serious dearth of Singlish audio files online. Wonder where I can find them.

Lots of things to download and print for school. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home