Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Sunday, February 06, 2005

The last week of school was pretty...ugh. The first class on Monday was like "damn! why didn't I just NOT skip class the last time"...if not I would've known that I have to bring the Schein and cos I didn't know about it...I have to go to the lecturer during one of her holiday office hours..which I don't know if I can make or not. I just skipped the one in the afternoon, cos I already got my Schein for that. Tuesday was uneventful...or at least I forgot what I did. Oh yes. I ran up and down campus running errands like transferring money to the Uni for the next semester, going to the library (I forgot what I was there for!!) and going to my institute in hope that I would somehow bump into my lit lecturer and ask her if she had marked my paper. Just so happens that she was there! She told me to come back the next day and she'd have my paper. So ok..good...accomplished some stuff. Been really unproductive these days.

From Wednesday onwards, I was kept quite busy. I got my results for Basic Writing. 1.3. I'm quite grateful for the 1.3, since I got a 1.7 on one of the essays we had to do about having no future without English. I suppose the 1s on the first and last essay helped the overall grade. Then 2 of us followed the instructor to her office to get stamps for the language exam that we're taking on Monday. She said she was in Singapore 15 years ago. (The instructor, I mean) She's going to Boston, which is covered in snow...and she wonders why she's doing it..since it's already freezing here in Dresden. Had my last class in "Partition of the Indian Subcontinent" after that. We (the class + lecturer) arranged to meet at Jaipur, this Indian restaurant in the Neustadt, on Friday evening. I was there once before while the crew was here in Dresden. The food was ex! After class, I went to collect my paper. 1.3...ok lah. I didn't expect much. Just glad that she was willing to mark it at all. Then, went home and baked muffins..coconut and chocolate chip. Quite interesting! Then met Angeline at Cinemaxx to watch "Phantom of the Opera". We kept laughing at all the cheesy bits. Haha. We snuck in Cheetos and muffins. Yummy!

On Thursday, I don't remember what I did in the day, but I made satay for dinner. Since there was no grill, it didn't really taste like satay. AND I'd managed to burn the sauce and poke myself with a satay stick. What a disaster!

Friday morning, I went to return the damn books that I borrowed for the Transsexuality paper. So glad to be rid of them! Major relief man! Then I went grocery shopping for the weekend. Didn't end up buying many things, but I'll survive till tomorrow. After the exam, I'll go grocery shopping again. Less stress and more time this time. Gotta buy chocs and all that. Won't have any space for real souvenirs this time. My luggage is like already near bursting point...and I haven't even put everything I need to inside. How? Sigh.

I nearly couldn't find Jaipur! The silly street was so long and I couldn't remember the number. I didn't remember what the phone number for the place was, and I didn't know anyone's mobile number either. But I saw this friendly looking lady and I asked her for directions. She had no clue, so she asked some other guys...so I just walked and walked till I found it. I was on the correct street...just that it was right on the other end of the street from the tram station. Anyway, when I got there, nearly everyone was there. But not the food. The food took forever to come. I got there at 7.30-pm...the rest were there at 7 or so. The food came like AFTER NINE PM!! So when we left, it was like past 11pm already. I went back with Ellen, this girl studying art. Her boyfriend is PRC. Well, you always see a lot of white guys with asian chicks...but rarely the opposite way around. It's nice to see something different for a change. She's even gone to meet his parents in China. How cool is that?

Yesterday and today were lazy days. Just ate and lay down or watched tv most of the time. I am so greedy today. Maybe it's pre-exam stress. Hope the cravings will go away after tomorrow's exam. I ate so much chocolate in the past 2 days..although I rarely eat chocolate these days. I've fulfilled my quota, I hope.

Max is coming for dinner. Gonna make laksa. Hope it's more successful than last time. Silly internet is not stable. Had to use the terminator to get internet. I hope the others don't need internet at this point.

WIll feel better after exams...I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home