Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Monday, April 07, 2003

Okay, I see it works. Very good. Hmm, let's see, a lot has happened in between!

Ruth and I went to her collegue's house for dinner last Friday evening. Very cool. I aspire to have a house like that. It is like hidden in a tiny village, but at the same time, accessible. Plus, I tell you, I am so totally impressed by their kids! (2 boys) The elder son is 12 years old and a TOTAL gentleman. He shook our hands and was totally polite and friendly and even bought us Kinder Surprise eggs. People like these are so rare. God forbid that society corrupts him!

We went shopping in town on Saturday. Ruth finally bought ONE shirt and despite swearing NOT to buy anymore clothes, I ended up buying 2 tops. You should thank Ruth. She said they were nice. I also bought a whole ton of postcards...I have most definitely become a collector. One of the cards I bought says: Women should be beautiful, not smart. Men can see better than they can think. Haha! That is really evil man!

Sunday was movie day. Ruth and I watched 2 films. An IMAX film about Egypt and 'The Hours'. It costs twice as much to watch a movie here, but the seats are so comfortable and there are no idiots with handphone ringing halfway during the movies. PLUS, this is the hugest cinema in Germany, if not Europe...though I do know the IMAX is the largest in Europe. It doesn't hurt that the guy selling the tickets is cute either ;) Hmm. I think Ruth was so impressed that she forgot to tell him that we were watching TWO movies and hence we forfeited our €1 discount on the first ticket, but don't tell her that I told you. We're probably gonna watch more movies next Sunday, if Azman and Poon Li, our seniors, don't visit us in the end.

Oh, I am going to Hannover on Thursday, to attend some engineering fair. Not that I am into such things...just that it would be interesting to travel on the ICE (InterCity Express), a really fast train...plus, my department is involved, so I may as well visit. The only real con is the price of the train tickets...around €180 maybe?

Something really strange: it snowed yesterday and today!!! It is so cool to see snow again! I mean like how many chances will I get once I get back to Singapore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home