Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Whoopie. Chinese New Year and I spent the whole day at school. Must be the best CNY of my entire life (in case you haven't gotten the hint, the message is wrapped in sweet old sarcasm.)

Woke up at 8 am...wanted to go back to bed. Realised, hey, I have a class at 9.20...no choice, must wake up...plus I had the diskette, which is like the only thing that has all the info in it...so, being the responsibility freak I am, I reluctantly got out of bed. It was freezing!! And it was snowing too. Wanted to turn around and go home, but too late, already there. Today's class was quite stress-free. Only had to check other groups' tests and their feedback. The other group laughed and laughed at our feedback, which I must say, was very funny...but I think it's not really good feedback if you were taking test seriously and wanted to know what you did wrong. I'm quite sure we aren't gonna score any points for humour on this assignment...but I'm too apathetic to want to change anything. It took us super long to come up with real-looking fake answers...much less to come up with reasons why they are all wrong! Also talked a bit to 2 girls who were learning Chinese. I think they learn quite fast at this level. Intriguing to see people interested in learning Chinese and who actually take it up at the Uni.

The next 2 lessons, I spent mostly stoning. Bored until wanna cry already! Then there was linguistics. Tried to pay attention, cos exam's next week, but I think this "recap" only made me even more confused than before. The tutorial was even worse. It was crowded, the tutor was in dreamland and kept contradicting herself. I have learned to take her words with a pinch of salt, cos she's made quite a few glaring mistakes so far...but she's an ok person lah.

Then I watched "Boys Don't Cry". Goodness, what a tragic movie!! The fact that it's real makes it even more tragic. I hate good movies that are tragic, cos they are so good that they make me feel super sad. Terrible dilemma, ain't it? Oh course, there are really stupid movies too, like "Scary Movie 3" which makes you laugh cos it's sad that there are people who think they are funny when they come up with such crap. Actually, it almost made me cry! Pity the sad fools with a lousy sense of humour! Actually, I am probably one of them...even sadder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home