Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Snow! There's no more of it! Haha. All gone! No more snow for the winter...for me anyway.

Sunday was quite a disastrous day. The toilet was spoilt and we had no idea how to fix it. So we let it flow like Niagara Falls the whole day and night. Until I figured out that it had something to do with a valve or whatever you call it. Probably still have to call the housemaster lah...dunno what exactly is wrong.

Then, I made an omelette for my sushi. It broke up into little bits...very unpresentable. But it didn't look so bad in the sushi. Then I nearly burnt my fingers off handling the rice...cos I didn't have much time to let it cool. *ouch* But I finally made it...and wrapped it in not very clingy cling wrap. Which was a real blessing in disguise. Cos...I decided to vacuum my room to make it cleaner. But I forgot the dust filter...and ended up spraying my whole room with dust instead. I mean literally the whole room! Every open surface had dust on it. Including my blanket, pillows and bedsheet. So I quickly stripped off the covers and dumped them into a laundry bag. I dusted all my toys off too and put them into bags as well. Then I wiped all the possible surfaces that needed dusting. (what an ironic choice of verb...you dust to get dust off? Hmm...) Then I tried to empty my vacuum cleaner of the dust that had gotten stuck inside. It was hot and I was stressed. Was sweating and who should suddenly appear and give me a shock? Max... Well, since he asked me how he could help, I asked him to accompany me to the basement to get the laundry done. He was amazed how the whole building shares 2 washing machines and 1 dryer. Then we cooked Laksa. I burned the paste. Sigh. But managed to rescue it anyway. It tasted ok but not spicy enough. He told me that he used to have long hair. So hard to imagine. Well, good thing he got it cut. Guys with long hair, besides 5566, freak me out. It was a pretty good evening otherwise...once the catastrophies stopped happening. Then we watched Infernal Affairs. I swear that I've never gotten bored of the movie, although I've watched it at least 7 times. Max agreed it was good...but very complicated. This Friday, it's his turn to cook. We may end up eating frozen pizza. Haha. Liu Jian, Fu Wei and I are gonna make pizza from scratch on Thursday...a pizza party! I bought a new card game too...we'll have pizza and play games. Great for distracting myself. I just can't wait to go home.

On Monday morning, I had my Basic Level Preliminary Language Exam. The essay sucked and I have no idea how the translation turned out. But I managed to pass the written part. Received a major shock first though. I couldn't find my matriculation number on the list of the pple who had passed. I thought I was gonna die. So I went to look for Mr Hollingsworth, who was handing out the papers to those who'd failed. At first we just looked at each other without saying anything. I suppose he wondered what I was doing there. Then I stammered...erm...my number is not on the list...and he said, you did well. Well, good anyway. Hmm...so it turns out that my number was written WRONGLY! So I will take the oral exam tomorrow. Steffi took the exam today and boy were they strict. I don't think her English is that bad. I've heard a whole lot worse! Sigh. I'm freaking out. If they give me a 3 or 4, I think I will die. Well I won't...but I'll be depressed for a long time. I hope the topic is better too. I can't talk about how Germany is different from other European countries. I have NOOOO IDEA!

Steffi came over after her oral exam, then we went to Karstadt for lunch. I think I ate till I was way too full...but since it was Steffi's treat, it wasn't nice to leave lots of food on the plate. Then we went around trying perfumes...most of them sucked. Haha. I still like Escada Sentiment though. But I'd never be able to afford perfumes...or better said, I can't bear to spend money on them. Though the idea of walking into a room and drenching it with a cloud of wonderful smelling perfume is positively enticing. Then we went on search for a swimsuit for me...I didn't wanna spend so much money, so we went to the cheaper Karstadt (there are 2 in Dresden..just across the street from each other) and after looking at lots of ugly ones, I found one I really really liked! It's black with a pink flower on it. It's perfect, except for the back. I prefer a racerback swimsuit, but they only had one Speedo...and it wasn't very nice...and cost 30 Euros. The black one cost 9 Euros. It was funny though. There didn't seem to be much difference between the 40B and 42C. I took the smaller one in the end, cos the suits tend to get bigger in water. I didn't wanna get a bikini...although they were cheaper. Can't imagine swimming in one..and erm, I don't think I'd like to see myself in one...let alone all the other poor people who'd think I was a real eyesore.

CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME. I am dying of impatience! Help! Well...maybe I'll feel better tomorrow. I have the exam at 1pm and then we have that pizza party. On Friday I'll bake a cake, then go over to Max's. I don't know his surname. Don't know why I didn't ask. Haha. I will ask this time. I have nothing on Saturday. Maybe go shopping again or go on a walk somewhere. So hard to wait...wish I could've flown home earlier. Then I can see Christine and Han for longer. BUt too bad...cannot...:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home