Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, April 11, 2003

From Wed:
Phew. I feel dead and the day is not even over. I've had so much work to do today, but I am pretty proud of myself...erm...okay, I take that back. I am very good at asking other people to help me but I can't do anything by myself!

The first job of today was working with numbers, which is totally not for me. I kept getting screwed up numbers which totally didn't look like what they were suppose to look like. Then, someone else asked me to do something for them, so I was caught in between 2 tasks and the stress definitely didn't help my concentration! Ugh. Then I had to do 2 other things before lunch. And guess what? I had to go for lunch by myself, cos all my colleagues are at the Hannover Messe and anyway, I was in the other office where no one was kinda enough to ask me if I wanted to go for lunch with them. It's okay, not like I like those people anyway. It was quite nice actually. I could take my time to eat and then go for a walk after lunch.

After lunch I kept running between both the offices, cos I was looking for the boss but he was at a meeting and I had to keep going over to check if he was back. I finally caught him 3 hours later...phew! Anyway, the job he gave me was accomplished quite quickly and now I am back here.

However, the REAL obstacle of today was making a phone call to Britain. Maybe not many people know this, but I have an inane fear of calling people (not including handphones) and much less an international call. Do you know I have never ever made an international call in my life? The only person I call on a fixed line regularly is my mother, when she is in the office. I am not trying to be unfriendly when I don't call you. I just have this childish fear of calling people, that's all. Email, SMS, letters etc..I can handle, but just not phone calls. They just freak me out. Okay, so anyway, my colleague kindly called for me, and so I got the number which I was supposed to fax to. THen I couldn't figure out how to work the fax machine, so I had to ask someone else for help. Yes, I am so totally hopeless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home