Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

My mum just emailed me to say PSC doesn't want me but they have referred me to MOE cos of the Teaching Scholarship. I always knew they wouldn't want me...hello, I didn't take any S Papers nor do I have 4 As or something...the MOE teaching scholarship would be nice, but it's never been my #1 consideration. Whatever...I have decided that I will be happy no matter whether I study in Singapore or Germany. I've weighed the pros and cons and there's nothing supremely bad with Singapore.

Hey Jiat Ling, it's not strawberry season yet...neither is it Spargel season. As Alex, the guy in charge of me, says, I have no luck with the weather. I come when it is totally cold and leave before it gets nice and warm in May, just like time when we were in Germany together. Anyway, glad to hear from you again after so long! Ruth and I will try to meet up with you once we are both back!

I am gonna feel awfully lonely the next few weeks. Firstly, Ruth is going back in a week's time and secondly it is the Easter/May Day holiday period and a lot of my colleagues are taking advantage of this opportunity to go on vacations. This means I'll have to somehow entertain myself during all this time. Hmm...not impossible, but not desirable either, esp since the shops are closed on Sundays and public holidays.

Hmm, at least I will be going to Hannover on Thursday...can't wait for a day of distraction and how better to spend it than on a nice long train ride? I love going anywhere in comfortable cars and trains. I'd happily go along, cos such things are definitely not possible in Singapore.

Going to Ruth's house tonight...think it will be fun. It is more fun to eat with other people than by yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home