Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Arrgh, fell asleep after reading 3 pages of "The History of the German Language". It is terrible, I have 50 pages more to go, I think. It's super boring...and you know what? That's only 1 section...the Middle High German bit.

"Haifischschwanzflossenfleischsuppe" is sharks'fin soup in German...I found it on some tongue twister website...though I don't think it's that bad a tongue twister. There are worse, like:
Des Weiteren ist das Übrige auszuschließen und im Übrigen sind die Ausschlüße zu erweitern und die Erweiterungen sind ausschießlich zu erübrigen. Erübrigungen werden des Weiteren ausgeschlossen. Ausgeschlossene Erweiterungen sind übrig. Übrige Ausschlüsse werden erweitert. Erweiterte Erübrigungen werden auschgeschlossen. Ausszuschließende Erübrigungen werden erweitert. usw.

Haha, as you can see, I am bored. I really should get down to studying...won't wanna spend my hols revising for the re-test, which I have to pass, or DIE. Or worse, get exmatriculated. I would like to stay here for another semester at least...see the rest of Germany and stuff.

It's been snowing the whole day...gorgeous! But I'd hate to have to go out tmr! It should be snowing all the way until Feb, according to the weather forecast...which is not really that accurate afterall.

Sianz...

Ruth, if you're reading this, do I need to bring my slippers to your place? Cos if dun need, I'm trying to travel light! Eh, I'll call you again on 12 Feb can? Cos I think we should use up our Mindesumsatz for Feb before we go back to S'pore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home