Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, February 11, 2005

The oral exam yesterday was really stressful. My partner and I both turned red when we were talking to each other...man! Our topic was whether National Service, military or otherwise, should be obligatory for men or women or both or neither. It was ok. Better than whether Germans are different from other European nationalities or 'How has the world changed since September 11th?' Well, apparently, the content wasn't worth that much anyway. But the whole thing was really casual and funny...we even strayed from the topic a few times, but everyone was in good humour.

Then came the results. 1.0 in general, but 1.3 for pronunciation and intonation, cos of devoicing. Erm. I forgot what that is. But ok. I know I'm not perfect. I got 1.0 in general for the "Use of English" part. I had 93%...and some mistakes were just plain dumb. I didn't read carefully. The essay was 1.3. So I have to say that I'm pretty pleased in general. Ms Lindsay and Mr Hollingsworth said that they hadn't seen results like that before. Ms Lindsay said they should kill me, stuff me and put me in a glass cupboard at the institute just to show people that it was possible. Haha. And Mr Hollingsworth told Ms Lindsay to tell me that I could take the GLC 4s next semester. Yay! Cos normally I can't take them till I've passed the intermediate exam. Yeah! :)

Then I went shopping...cos I was so happy...talked to Ms Lindsay on the tram. I bought 2 rings at less than half price..and another swimsuit. Haha...yes, why do I need 2? I really really liked this one. Always wanted something like that...oops...this is like the millionth time I've said that. Ruth'll give me this sceptical look if she were here. I wanted to buy presents for my sisters...but nothing really appealed to me that they'd like.

After shopping, I came home and watched TV, getting all ready to make pizza! Liu Jian came down and she and Fu Wei and I started messing up the Waschraum with our preparations. We used lap cheong and salami and a kind of German sausage and ham, along with broccoli, pineapple, red capsicum and tomatoes...and mushrooms. Yummy! We finally finished at like 7.30 or so...and invited Liu Jian's husband down to eat with us. Then he went back up to study and we started playing Ligretto...and making a lot of noise. I wondered why I kept winning most of the time...cos I usually suck at these games which involve quick reflexes...then I realised that I wasn't playing by the same rules as Fu Wei and Liu Jian. Haha. So embarrassing. I immediately apologized once I realised it. But fortunately, I still won the next game, although I had to try to get used to the new and correct rules.

We had so much fun, that we decided that we'd meet up again on Saturday evening to bake cakes and play more games. Fu Wei and Liu Jian are gonna borrow other games from friends of theirs...and we can play the whole night through! :) Maybe I won't be so bored during the next few days after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home