Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Saturday, August 27, 2005

I can finally cycle on my own for pretty long stretches! This is like the first time I've ever cycled on my own, save for that fateful day when I crashed into the tree. We (Shermaine, my mummy, my aunt, my grandma and my cousin) went to East Coast this morning. It was nice and not very crowded. I really had fun..but I'm still quite a loser at mounting and stopping the bike. There were quite a few close shaves. The most hazardous were the little kids. They have no idea that they are supposed to move away...and they just like block the whole path and me, being the very inexpert cyclist I am, cannot just swerve out of the way last minute! I still have battle scars from that meeting with the tree. I don't intend to collect anymore. That said however, I really enjoyed feeling the wind in my face and knowing that I am going somewhere. I'm really glad Max adamant about me learning how to cycle at that point in time. It was definitely worth the time and effort...because all of it paid off :) I can't wait to go again!

I was really happy today. Besides cycling, I also got to go swimming :). I luuurve swimming...even if my 8-year old neighbour can swim like way faster than me. I guess this ego issue is why I like to swim in the pool when no one else is there. I was almost done anyway, when this other lady came down.

I slept over at Audz's place last night. It was very fun, even though we didn't do any sleepover stuff...we slept relatively early by sleepover standards, but that might have been cos my mum was picking me up at 9am the next morning (today). We looked at photos and watched some DVDs and just talked. It was really nice. We met for dinner and dessert (I was the only one who had dessert) and we went to Cold Storage to look for seaweed. I think we were blind or something, cos we took a super long time to find it and in the end, we had to ask a guy working there...and we felt kinda silly after that. had Pho for dinner...yummy! I also had a Muddy Mudpie at Coffee Club. While most places serve increasingly shrinking (sounds like an oxymoron) portions, or increase their prices, Coffee Club has surprised me...the Muddy Mudpie was actually bigger than I remember it. I just gaped at it for a few seconds. But it was nice...the sauce was a bit gross..like some honey-like syrup mixed with Oreo dust. I remember the sauce being better. Ok, to all those people out there whom I've already told, I think the garlic prawn pasta at Coffee Club is great...but I have to bring someone who'll eat the prawns for me.

I went to Kinokuniya before that to look for a book. I spent quite a while trying to decide between 2 books. I need a novel for my German lit class and I'm not sure if it's fulfils the requirement. I mean I chose an author recommended by the lecturer..but I am not sure that the novel covers the themes that he's looking for. He refuses to recommend me a novel...so what to do? Sigh. If it's the wrong one, then I'll just have to buy another one lor.

Work is getting ridiculously hectic. I am rushing from one job to another. This reminds me of my Food and Nutrition exams, when I had to do what's called "dove-tailing". I hope I will not have to work overtime for more than an hour each day. I guess I'll have to cut down on time spent reading the papers and writing emails...heh. But on the whole, I am glad to be having work for a change. I feel very happy. I just hope I don't get overworked. The alleged office b**** is actually really nice to me. Haha, maybe cos I'm not gorgeous and thus no threat to her. Nah, I really don't think she's a b****. I think she's cool really. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home