Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Back at work again. This is the 7th day of work. How am I gonna survive the next 6 1/2 weeks?? There isn't any work to do yet...but I hope that I get something today.

Anyway, NDP was great! I love watching the drill and the singing bits...and of course the fireworks...the only part I don't like about NDP are the dance numbers...I'm sure the people practice very hard and all...but the costumes really need some work...this year's NDP definitely needed more songs...like "We are Singapore" and all those other national songs...instead of the medleys...those were lame. I always love NDP. I love seeing people get all excited about Singapore. I find it very sad when people can't love their own country. I don't mean to love blindly to the point of being narrow-minded, but rather, to have an appreciation of the culture you've grown up in. Singaporeans can be such ingrates at times. We are actually very lucky people, even if some people are too short-sighted to see it. I feel sad when I see some people so desperate to migrate. I don't think Singapore is the centre of the universe, but at the same time, I know that Singapore is a great place to live in. Many people complain that there's not much to do in Singapore. I'm sure once they've had a taste of living overseas, the only thing which makes difference is really your attitude. I dislike all this negativity about your own country...no matter what country you're from. I'm sure every country has its problems...but it also has its merits.

Oh..and I found out yesterday that my mum named me after a witch. Haha. I never knew that she named me Samantha because of "Bewitched", but now I know. Sherry and I used to watch "Bewitched" on Channel 5 when we were younger. My mum thought we were confused when we told her that we'd watched "Bewitched" too. But we also watched "I dream of Jeannie", "I Love Lucy" and "Petticoat Junction".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home