Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Saturday, April 08, 2006

The first week of school is OVER!! Yay! But there's like a TON of homework and preparation that has to be done. But I actually have 3 days: today, Sunday and Monday to complete it all. It seems like a lot, but when you look at the amount of homework I actually have, it's totally not enough anymore. There's a lot of reading involved and I, with my extremely short attention span, am going to find it very very difficult to sit through all this. Ah well, I still have to try, don't I?

I finally finished the urgent bit of translation I had to do. It's taken me days and plenty of hours sitting in front of my laptop. But it's done...and I'm relieved. Not that I have nothing else left to do after this...I actually have another 23-page chapter to translate, but at least that's not so urgent, so I can take my time and do other things first.

And seriously, there is suddenly an influx of guys doing English and German...where on earth do all of them even come from??? I'm not getting all territorial and all, but it's just so weird.

Went to the bookshop twice this week. I now have about 5 new books that I am not sure I'll ever read from cover to cover. Or even one chapter. I think they're there to decorate my shelf..which is already overflowing, actually...also with books I've barely read. Will have to get down to it somehow..

Lee Ting came over to Dresden on Thursday! Had lunch and dinner with her, even though I didn't get to show her around, thanks to my classes. It was fun!! And being the lazy person I am, I was very happy to not cook for another day :) She bought a nice new pink sweater!! I walked around in Zara while waiting for her. I saw sooo many things I'd have liked to buy. BUT, I have to remind myself that my closets are overflowing and I have spent tons of money on books and assorted things. I probably have enough tops to wear a different one every day of the semester without having to repeat. Yes, I am horrible.

I ran into the Hausmeister yesterday and told him about our tap which isn't working too well. He told me that he's got an email address we can write to if we have problems...wah...so advanced now! Oh, and I actually forgot his name until 2 seconds ago. But he's really really nice!! So much better than the cranky old woman we used to have. I really hated her...and I wasn't the only one. This guy is so much friendlier and more helpful, even if he does make silly jokes.

Ok, had better get down to my work...the weekend's only so long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home