Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, February 24, 2006

Yay! It's the weekend! Well, not that it means much at all. I still have to study. But I'm not going to! Well...not THAT much anyway. I've made plans. I'm going shopping today!! Going to buy stuff to bring home. I'm hoping I don't go overboard though, cos as I have already mentioned, there is a hole in my suitcase and secondly, there's no slave labour to carry my suitcase to the airport.

I'm just really happy to get fresh air. I've been living in isolation for the past 3-4 weeks...and I'm going insane. I can't look at another book. Plus, I LOVE shopping! Even if it's just for food or stuff like that.

Going to Leipzig tomorrow...yay! I haven't been anywhere since erm...mid Jan? Yikes. It's been more than a month since I've taken a train. Such a contrast to the weekly excursions I've taken the past semester. Raymond and I have been wanting to see the Stasi Museum and finally, we've gotten down to it. I kinda want the pineapple tarts he brought me..though I am flying back soon. But I can share them with my neighbours. :)

We're going to have a little celebration on Tuesday, before we all fly home. Phuong has decided that she doesn't want to take her Zwischenprüfung this semester. Which isn't too bad a choice, all things considered. She's been working so hard this semester...I guess it'll be better if she takes it next sem. Less pressure for her anyway. And since she'll be in the 5th semester next sem, it's still not too late. I'm already in the 5th, so I should take it this sem...in case I fail. Next sem is my last chance to take the exam before I get kicked out of uni. In any case, I'm sure the decision wasn't that easy to make. But sometimes you just have to make it. No point being wishy-washy. Make it and stick with it.

I just hope she went to talk to Stahlheber about her English exam...she's afraid of her. Well, everyone is a little. She's scary. Her NAME is scary. But it's something she has to do. I shouldn't kaypoh, but I wouldn't want her to get kicked out of uni. She, Mai and Fu Wei are great neighbours...and I wouldn't swop them for anyone else. We may not really talk that much about our lives apart from school, but they are still great people.

I'm glad we'll all get to go home these hols. This place is going to be so quiet with all of us gone. Fu Wei will be back on the 13th...and we'll all be gone by the 2nd. I wanna find out who wins "Deutschland Sucht Den Superstar"!! I usually don't like watching these reality/casting shows, but I think once I start watching, the people kinda grow on me and I just have to find out who wins. Either that or das Lernen hat mich in den Wahnsinn getrieben.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home