Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ok, it hasn't actually been that long since I posted...but I need to get a breather. I've finally completed the powerpoint for my presentation on Language Policy and Language Planning in Singapore! Well...not really...I have 20 minutes to talk, but 25 slides...shit. I am very very bad at summarising what I have to say. But I am glad that I managed to get some visuals to put in. After all, what pictures can you actually imagine when you think about this topic? I wish there was some ad that I could play for them, like the Pierre Png one...that would've been funny. But maybe I will use one of the online lessons they have as an example. The handout's done as well, so now I will have to watch FIRE, which is the topic of my other presentation. My partner seems to be a techno-phobe and she wants to use transparencies..and does not wanna show any film clips. Erm...how do you do that when you are presenting a film? Oh well, I guess I will have to look for some scenes to show...the controversial ones...since I am going to be dealing with the controversies surrounding the film. Only have 7 minutes though...I have no idea how this is going to work out! Blah...I wish there was some way to train my summary skills.

Jiat Ling's here in Dresden now. Well, today she's off at Meißen with Kenny. I'm so happy that it worked out! I mean, that they can go together to explore Meißen and I can stay at home and watch the movie and work on my presentations. It's really a relief. I also realise that I get along better with some people that others..and maybe I really am a tad to childish and silly for most adults or people my age. But I don't wanna grow up. I don't wanna be serious and sombre the whole day...though ok, I am quite serious when it comes to work. You should see my presentation. Absolutely no humourous anecdotes. Ok, maybe it has to do with me having a weird sense of humour that hardly anyone understands.

In any case, I'm glad for this breather. It's nice to only think about myself for a while.

Oh, might I add that guys are pretty unreliable, unless they're interested in you? New lesson I've learnt.

Yay! Germany's beaten Sweden!!! Not that Sweden was playing very well, but well, a win is a win after all. Now we'll be meeting Argentina on Friday. If Argentina played the way they did against Mexico, then Germany just might have a chance. I fell asleep during the last 10 minutes of regular playing time...and woke up AFTER the goal Argentina scored...haha. England and Ecuador...two not very spectacular teams...wonder who will win. As for the Portugal vs. Netherlands match, I'm hoping Portugal will win...FIGO!! Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home