Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I am an utter disgrace to all my English teachers...I got a 3,0 for my Classroom English test. And apart from that, I've gotten 2,3 and 2,7 for Business English. Gone are the days when I used to get 1s. I don't exactly wanna beat myself up about it, but I really am kinda disappointed. Sigh. Well, at least my neighbour thought my H&M paper bag description was funny and I think the teacher was amused at getting a paper bag, instead of a postcard, photo or image from a book. Anyway, the problem is GRAMMAR. I know my knowledge of grammar is severely lacking...so, I will read my Longman English Grammar, or "the Alexander" as people here call it. It's not exactly light reading, but I have to pull up my socks and not embarrass the Singapore school system.

I went for a Salsa party at my university last night. It was my first uni party...and honestly, the people that hang out there aren't very good looking. I'm sorry, I know I am being mean...but they had a Miss TU preliminary competition...and erm, all of the candidates were like average looking at best. Ok, I'll admit I have high standards...anyway, we watched a movie first...l'auberge espagnol. It's hilarious...and does touch on issues that foreign students experience. Maybe I'll get the DVD...Mai and Fu Wei like it too. However, I had to admit that it is very cliched...but maybe deliberately so...to provoke us into thinking differently

And, I just wanna say and repeat: I CANNOT DANCE TO SAVE MY LIFE!! But ok...it wasn't too bad...reminded me a bit of when I was 15 and in Germany for the first time...clubbing seemed a lot more fun then...but I am a clumsy person with no sense of rhythm at all...so I couldn't do this regularly. Thankfully, we left at midnight...cos I had class at 9.20am this morning.

Fu Wei actually SMSed Sebastian, who said they'd be coming...but then after exchanging a couple of SMSes, they decided to go to the Gutzkow Club and asked us whether we wanted to go. Honestly, I might have...but mostly because it was a Salsa party and I cannot dance Salsa. Heck. I can't dance. Period. So in the end, we didn't meet up lah...

Tomorrow's a holiday!! yay!! Can take a break from going to school! I still have tons of work to do but oh well...

Today's Language and Society class was interesting. For one, it was kinda clear that the presenter had no idea what she was talking about. Not that she didn't prepare, but she didn't understand the stuff she was talking about...and so she couldn't explain what the stuff meant. And the lecturer said, "Das war ein Paradebeispiel für einen total zuhörerfeindlichen Vortrag." Well, they are direct here...and it was true...and although I felt a bit bad for the girl, I totally felt her presentation deserved it. If she didn't understand, she should've discussed with the lecturer mah...plus, she was just reading out the handout.

Ok lah...nothing much else to say for today...pretty uneventful...didn't meet any cute guys or girls, for that matter...OH...but I'm going to Weimar this weekend. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home