Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Wednesday, May 31, 2006













These are my photos from my trip to Weimar and Eisenach. Been wanting to put them up, but had no Internet from Sat until this morning. The weather sucked...but it was ok, it didn't really ruin our trip :). BUT...I realised that I really REALLY hate bus rides...it's so claustrophobia-inducing...like cannot run away if you want to...just have to sit there and full stop...blah...I cannot tahan that kinda feeling. But the bus driver was really nice. Fu Wei thought he was cute and she asked him if she could take a photo with him...haha! I was the photographer!

I got sick during the trip...actually, I already felt the beginnings of a sore throat on Friday afternoon, after tennis. Florian the Sarcastic wasn't there...and instead, we had Stefanie, who was nice and cute. Anyway, I think it might be cos the chlorine water I "drank" during swimming may have irritated my respiratory tract...and thus lead to the cold...which probably also happened cos my immune system is slightly weak now, thanks to all the stress.

Anyway, we went to Weimar first...starting our day with a tour of Schillerhaus (actually more than half went to the Goethehaus, but Fu Wei and I decided to be different) and found out that Schiller only lived there for 3 years of his life before kicking the bucket. And we also found out that Schiller was about a head taller than Goethe, but their statues are the same height...haha...thanks to the idealised portrayal which is apparently quite common.

Then, we went for a tour around the town. I like Weimar! It's so quaint and pretty! I've been dying to go to Weimar for eons..but only after 2 1/2 years of being in Germany, did I managed to go! We heard about some of Goethe's women...yeah, he did have quite a few...and about a clandestine affair...haha!

Then we had lunch...Thüringer Bratwurst...what else? :) The Senf was super good...but the Wurst was a little bland...then we had ice cream at this Italian place...Gia-something...I have a bad memory for names. But the ice cream was excellent! I had Latte Macchiato and Caffe Crunch...heavenly, I tell you! One of the best I've ever had!

After lunch, we went to Buchenwald, a former concentration camp near Weimar. These places make me really sad...and I don't understand why people are so crazy about taking photos there...I mean hello, have some respect for the many who died tragic deaths! But ok, maybe I'm just overly sensitive. But the tour guide was quite cute. He reminded me a lot of Paul from NJ...the way he talks and his hairstyle and all. Weird, man!

Then, it was time to go back to the hostel and have dinner. It was Gulasch mit Nudeln...very deutsch. Then Fu Wei and I played Ligretto with the 2 Czech girls we shared our room with. It was certainly much more fun when there are more pple to play with. We played and talked till quite late.

The next day, we went to Eisenach, or rather, Wartburg, where Luther translated the New Testament...but there were other famous pple who had stayed there...apparently. The tour guide was a right little B****...I cannot imagine a tour guide openly showing her anger...plus, she spoke so fast even though we already told her to speak slowly. I mean I can understand what she said...but there are pple who are exchange students...so hello, it's not fair to them. Really buay tahan, can! I hope she never becomes a teacher...her students will hate her...monotonous voice, speaks way too fast and so authoritarian.

But Wartburg has a really really good view of the Thüringer Wald. So much green...so peaceful! We took some photos...well, Fu Wei took a lot. This time, I only took about 60 photos cos I felt sick and thus was not really in the mood to take photos. Fu Wei and I planned to go to this restaurant I like in the Neustadt...and we decided to ask Carlos and the other Spaniards if they wanted to come along, cos they'd brought it up the last time. Carlos' reply was kinda funny. Allow me to quote word for word: "Excusem I've not written in 1week. Im n Bayern monday will return to Dresd. We'll see on wednesday". I had no idea if he meant, ok, we'll decide on Wednesday, or we'll see you on Wednesday".

Anyway, I told him the time we were planning to meet today...and he said he and Sebastian will be there. But I hope they are not late because the weather freaking sux and I refuse to wait for hours in the rain and with the strong wind blowing! Fu Wei emailed the 2 Czech girls about it...but dunno if they are coming too. We'll see lah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home