Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, July 07, 2006

Today was one of those days...those days when you just wanna lie in bed and not get out. But I did...went for swimming...can't keep my butt up, which is wasting a lot of my energy. The coach said that based on my swimming style, I should be able to do 400m non-stop...but instead, I feel like dying after 100. So her suggestion was to practice with this foamy thing wedged between my legs..just practice the arms. I wanted to die during the first lap. I kept losing my balance and wasn't going anywhere at all. I did wanna give up, but then I figured I can't drown with this foamy thing...so may as well try, correct? So I somehow made it all the way to the end...think the people behind me me must've been annoyed, but who cares. I even managed 4 laps in the end...and it got progressively better. Will practice next week...after all, it seems to be good for my arms...I hardly get to work on them...maybe will get the foamy thing and practice when I'm back in Singapore too. But I felt good..and the 4 laps I swam after that, without the foamy thing, felt infinitely better than previously...admittedly, it got worse with each lap, but it was after one whole hour of swimming...so I'm fine with it. Except...I couldn't really walk properly after that. Muscles started to ache slightly.

Then when I took a nap before class, I nearly didn't wanna wake up. But I went and it was ok...found out that our prof will give us a question for the term paper. I like term papers with a direction...that's very good and I won't have to crack my brains over it. We had 2 double periods in a row again today, like last week. But we managed to finish slightly earlier than last week. There was one really funny guy. Haha...wish you were there to see his presentation. That's one thing I cannot do..give a humorous presentation..or write an amusing paper. Many people had to leave during the second double period...so there were less than 10 pple in the end, including the prof. I rushed home, shoved food down my throat and rushed for tennis. But Florian wasn't there today...it was the old guy in charge of tennis...Fu Wei's coach. He decided to teach us how to serve...which is called "aufschlagen" in German...I never knew that, but I suppose you learn something new every day. I used to hate serving the most...but I guess it's not too bad now. I mean I'm not one to get aces, but this time, at least about 60% of my serves were in...which is not bad because I haven't tried serving since...erm...2002 or even longer...and I was always shit at it anyway. Wonder if Florian will continue with that next week. Let's hope he'll be back. He had some interview today. Sigh.

Anyway, all that bending meant my back aches now...I think my whole body will be a humongous ache tomorrow. But it's interesting, I suppose...I haven't really worked myself very hard in eons...and this is just interesting, zur Abwechslung. Muscle aches aren't actually good for you.

After tennis, I felt like I needed to work off some of the restlessness that's been bothering me...so I went on an unintended shopping trip. My uncle wanted me to buy him a World Cup pin..so I went to Karstadt Sport. I also bought a Germany scarf...just for fun. Two guys kept saying "Deutschland, Deutschland??" and I had no idea they were talking to me. Erm..until one of them looked me in the eye and repeated "Deutschland?" He asked me what was written on my tank top...the words were covered by the strap of my racquet bag. "Team Germany", I said...and I said it was a pity Germany lost...and the other guy waved the miniature trophy at me...haha. Maybe if the weather tmr is good, I'll go out and watch the 3rd/4th placing. If there are thunderstorms as predicted in the weather report, then I'll stay at home and scream at the TV.

Ok, should really start studying now. Enough of a break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home