Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Monday, July 03, 2006

Ok, project work got shifted to Wednesday...so I don't have to go out anymore. Should be studying instead but then I've slept for at least 2 hours just before this and have done useless things like cut paper and I dunno what. Blah. What's wrong with me??
I thought when all the action died down, I'd be able to sit down and force myself to concentrate on studying. After all, there's quite a lot at stake. Well, I have to pass Swedish and Czech by hook or by crook. The rest I'm a little more bo chap about.

Ok, I'll give myself another half an hour...and then I really really have to go face my Swedish books. Right now, I am trying to memorize some common adjectives...it's not so easy though. I guess I've been more slack this semester than ever before.

Maybe it's the silence that is getting to me. Maybe it's remembering that it's been a year and there's absolutely no improvement in the love department. I don't count the weirdos who try to move too fast and end up creeping me out. As Raymond and Chris said...it's about the context and about who says what. Well, it's good to know that my standards haven't dropped to the ground.

As I said (apparently, "like I said" is wrong because "like" is a preposition and you use it with nouns and pronouns (there is no use of "like + nominative case", while "as" is a conjunction that introduces a subordinate clause and it thus introduces a subject and a verb, i.e. "I said" - this is what we have to learn for Classroom English. This is where I failed miserably in the last test. Let's hope this time will be better) I have no idea what is wrong with me. But in any case, I'll just have to survive these 2 weeks and then decide what I wanna do during my overseas semester. Tried to write a couple of emails, but apparently, people are not very efficient at replying. The NUS guy, shall not mention names, didn't even give me a reply man! Like how rude is that? I even bothered to write a proper subject line..not just a "hello" or whatever crap.

It's gonna be sunny this whole week! Yay!! Maybe I could go out a bit tomorrow...maybe I've gotten cabin fever. I dunno. But in any case, there's Germany vs Italy tomorrow! I'd love Germany to win...seriously! But at the same time, the Italian team has so many cute guys that it'd be a real pity to see them lose...especially after the 3-0 thrashing of Ukraine. Well, Ukraine was just super unlucky and super bad at finishing. There were one or two scenes where it seemed like a tragi-comedy really! The ball was flicked all around the penalty area but just refused to go into the goal. Shevchenko is cute...but cuteness won't win you any World Cup matches! And congrats on Zidane not having to retire from international football for at least another 2 matches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home