Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Wednesday, January 22, 2003

Phew...what a crazy day! It started out pretty okay at first...had a bowl of Raisin Bran for breakfast, sat by the poolside to read DOLLY, had lunch and met Audrey to watch White Oleander at Westmall.

When we got to Westmall though, there was some partial blackout, so we basically had to climb escalators...yes, ESCALATORS, not stair...plus, only 1 lift was working. We walked around looking at the shops for presents for Ranj and Ruth...I really enjoyed helping Audz to choose their presents...I managed to resist buying stuff for myself...but in the end I caved in and bought a purple skirt.

It was kinda cool, cos Audz and I had the whole theatre to ourselves, so we could talk as loudly as we wanted and sit anywhere we felt like! It was SO fun...I love making stupid comments during movies...erm, yes, very bad habit. Well, I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about the movie. The whole thing was kinda disturbing, the way a mother can have so much power and influence over her child...freaky! well, I absolutely loved Noah Wyle (liked him since 1995) but after Renee Zellweger's character died, the story kinda went downhill from there and ended up like champagne left out too long: FLAT! Well, the only bright spark was that Alison Lohmann ended up looking like Avril Lavigne somehow, with tattoos and all. *sigh* I still want a tattoo but well, think my parents will flip...it was hard enough trying to get my mummy to accept that I have 3 piercings in each ear (though it's quite normal nowadays). Definitely cannot tell her about my navel piercing. She'd go ballistic! So anyway, she looked kinda goth in such makeup...thought it was cool, but it is obviously not the look for me...*sigh*

Went home to watch the Mission. No, no one I know appeared on TV... Got my plane ticket, at last! Was really pissed off by my friend though. He assumed my schedule fitted his and got pissed cos I have to leave earlier and he has to spend 1 hour by himself. I hate pple who expect me to have no other plans or drop all my other plans to suit their schedule! We've sorta cleared up the misunderstanding but seriously, even if I seem like I am slacking around, I do have plans...never ask me out last minute...even if I am free, I may not agree to go cos I feel that asking pple out last minute is not respectful of the person. So yeah, please respect yr friends. Don't assume they are always free, just dying to go out with you...if you wanna be appreciated, please appreciate yr friends first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home