Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Saturday, February 12, 2005

I can't believe it. I never thought it would happen to me a second time. Just after getting out of a relationship and sort of feeling put off by such things, I end up getting close to some other guy. I never know what they see in me, but of course I'm happy..though hesitant. Do I fall in "love" and out of it again too easily? Maybe I'm deluded. I mean I had some kinda distant inkling that he liked me, but I couldn't be sure, cos well...how can you ever be 100% about such things. We just talked from 7pm to 12 midnight...and somewhere in between when we were talking about premarital sex (no, not about doing it..just about statistics and whether you would tend do it if your friends are doing it) and that my grandmother kept asking me how come Sherry has a boyfriend and I don't, and about staying in Dresden, he suddenly blurted out, "Well, I don't know if it's obvious to you, but I like you quite a bit. Do you think we could work out a long-distance relationship?" Cos he may stop studying in Dresden and go back to Munich next semester. Sigh. What a tragic start! But who knows. Actually, I guess I'd be quite ok. I mean I would have my freedom, but then again I wouldn't see him much at all. What a headache! I looked kinda embarrassed after that and tried to change the subject when he reached over for my hand. Anyway, cos we'd talked till so late, he offered me his sofa and a t-shirt to change into. We ended up talking till 1.45am and then we woke up at 11am..but continued lying down till 12pm. Don't worry though...absolutely NOTHING happened. He's a good, decent guy and as he admitted, he's never kissed a girl before. So sweet. Then we had cake for breakfast/lunch...then we watched a few episodes of The Simpsons. Time just flew by! I guess cos we had lots of stuff to talk about. Then Liu Jian called me to ask if I'd forgotten our cake baking appointment...so I had to leave. He said he'd help me carry my luggage to the airport on Monday. That's very nice of him. Good thing he doesn't have practical on Monday...if not I'd have to drag my luggage to the airport somehow. I don't know what to feel now. I don't know where it goes from here. Sigh.

Our banana-pineapple cake smells great! I wasn't hungry just now, but now I am. Guess I'll go have a piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home