Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Heart attack-inducing event of the weekend: PHONE BILL! It was 142,66 Euros. That's like S$300 between Ruth and me!! For a phone bill!!!! And believe me, neither Ruth nor I are serious phone freaks. Sigh. We are so gonna get a new provider after this contract runs out.

The dinner on Friday was quite the disaster. The food tasted weird, though it was edible. I shall give up experimenting for a while..though the potatoes were passable. I'm not a good cook without a recipe.

Max and I were very lazy the next morning. I woke up at 7, but went back to sleep...then at 9.30am, I couldn't sleep anymore, so I asked him if he wanted to move to the bed and sleep, since I was getting up anyway. He sorta made some sign of agreement...then I was waiting for him to get up...but he didn't. Turns out that he was waiting for me to get up first! Aiyoh! Then we ended up sleeping till 11am. Finally, we got up, had breakfast, showered and went to the museum. It was ok. There were some cool things, like cherrystone carvings...185 faces carved onto a single cherrystone. Unbelievable huh?? Then we had ice cream and went back to my place so he could use the Internet. Felt quite sad, cos he was looking for other unis to apply to. Means it won't be weeks till he leaves Dresden. Well, I'm leaving for 2 months as well. I cried without meaning to. He asked why and I told him. He asked, "So you want to split up?" I said, "No, if that's what I'd wanted, why would I cry?" Then he asked, "Should I treat you like shit?" "No..that's even worse!" Then when we went downstairs, he asked, "What will you do if we broke up?" I replied, "Be sad for a week...dunno." He said, "I don't know either. I don't think we've come to that stage where I've thought about what it'd be like to break up with you." Sigh. I think sometimes we really need to have a talk in clear text, but the problem is, where and how do you start?

Anyway, on Sunday, I went to Steffi's again. We made pasta for lunch...and after we were done, Steffi's dad came out holding his trackpants and pointed at them. Hint to us that we had to go cycling soon. This time, I could go for quite far without stopping halfway and all that...although there was this one stretch where I just couldn't keep my balance! And everytime we hit that stretch...well, it was extra hard work for Steffi's dad cos he had to keep pushing me back to the correct position. Oh...and I finally succeeded..ONCE...in getting onto the bike and starting off by myself. Although, her dad said if I couldn't, I should ask someone to hold the bike for me while I do it. Haha. He's hilarious. He keeps telling me: "Now, now, we've discussed this before: green = field, gray = path. Keep to the path!" Haha.

After that, we had cake and Steffi and I played table tennis for around 40 min. Phew...lots of activity for that day man...

Well, then yesterday, I decided that I had to pull up my socks and actually do some work! I've been sleeping too much these past few weeks. But it's not cos I'm tired, but it's because I wanted to avoid lots of things. But it's no use. I only feel worse about myself, so it is time to get up and about. No more lying around depressed and all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home