Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, June 03, 2005

I am so good at wasting time that I can't believe myself. I woke up at 5 to go swimming and it's 11am now...what have I accomplished within these 6 hours? Nearly nothing...I swam, I showered, I went grocery shopping and I put my clothes into the washing machine. Oh, and I had breakfast. I didn't even write any long emails or anything. Somehow not really in the mood. But after this blog entry, I shall go write my text about film censorship and classification in Singapore (written in GERMAN!) and then I'll take the clothes out of the dryer, have lunch, marinade chicken for dinner (I have absolutely no idea if Max is having dinner here. He's coming between 5 and 6pm...early by his standards. I had to think for ages before I could come up with something he would eat. He doesn't like vegetables (e.g. broccoli, zucchini, aubergine), except for salad. He doesn't like minced meat, or bolognaise. He doesn't like ketchup. He doesn't like pineapple or raisins that are cooked. He doesn't like mashed potatoes. He doesn't like salty stuff in the morning, etc etc. All I am sure of, is that he like chocolate, pizza and salad. But I don't really like salad, I am trying to eat less chocs (have gained weight again over here and at the same time, suddenly nearly everyone I know is on a diet. This is really pressurizing. But I am so not a diet kinda person. I can't be happy chewing on raw vegetables!) and I'm not a huge pizza fan either, though I occasionally eat some. I don't wanna cook pasta, cos he eats that nearly every day.

Ok, should stop obsessing. But I always do. I always think a lot about such things when he's coming over, even though I sometimes forget that I have a boyfriend during the week (partly cos he doesn't make his presence felt). I've become an idiot. But ok, I shall try to change. It seems playing a little hard to get has worked. But I don't like playing hard to get. If it seems like I am playing hard to get, I probably don't like you very much in the first place. But since this guy likes it, I guess I will have to be a bit more accomodating. However, I might add I think it's better, if you really like someone, to show it. Don't like start hiding parts of yourself because you're afraid that you'll be vulnerable and hurt. Often, the other person has the same worries....if only both parties would come clean. Sigh.

Probably, I should go busy myself with other things.

Like on Wednesday, I went to Steffi's place to learn how to cycle. Yes, AGAIN, because I didn't succeed the last time. This time, Steffi's dad still had to hold on to the bike, but I had a much better feeling that I did the last time. Not like I was so out of control. However, I really do have a hard time concentrating on the path. I always daydream somehow (I probably shouldn't learn how to drive). But this time, not only my butt hurts. By the way, my butt keeps slipping off the seat!! I don't know why, but it's hard to stay balanced when my butt keeps slipping. Then, this time when I was going downslope, I went so super fast that I had to brake suddenly. I ended up straining my arm. Ugh. But I still have to say that Steffi's father had the worst job. He had to run after me all the time...and catch me when I was in danger of falling over. He's so patient...I completely trust him! It probably has to do with him being a teacher. It's such a personality thing. Different people are good for different things. Well, I really like Max, but to be honest, I would never like to have him teach me how to cycle. Firstly, I'm a slow learner and secondly, he's not particularly patient or understanding. So...no way. I'd choose Steffi's dad anytime.

Yesterday sorta whizzed by. But I got 4 letters and a postcard. I finally received my Schein. Got a 1,5. It's getting worse. I am losing my touch. But then again, I never liked writing term papers. In any case, I went to the secretariat and she didn't have my Schein, just the paper. I was stressing out...but when I saw it in the mail yesterday, I was exhilarated! Not to mention, it was the first time I ever got so much meaningful mail on ONE day. Two letters from my aunt, one from Rachy, the Schein and a postcard from Kailuo. Too bad the lessons were horrible. I just wanted to run away. But then I thought ok...I will call Max when I get back home (abt the weekend) and I will feel better. Well, and so at least I had something to look forward to.

But I didn't do anything much the whole evening either. I just looked through 2 cookbooks and wrote a letter to Rachy. Today I'll write a letter to my aunt. Then I'll post it tomorrow morning, when I go out.

Ok, better go pick up the laundry now...then there's a whole load of other things to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home