Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Hi guys...sorry to disappoint you, but I can't actually cycle on my own just yet. Cycling at the moment entails Steffi's dad holding onto the bike and running beside or behind me...depending on how fast I am going. After all, I just learnt how to get onto the bike like properly on Sunday. Now I have to learn how to get off safely. Then I'll progress (in a couple of weeks) to riding on my own. This is definitely the hardest part. It's like letting go of the wall/floatation device when you learn how to swim. Maybe many people take it for granted, but everything I've learnt, I've learnt very late, so the learning process is actually a very conscious process on my part. I am not afraid of falling, but it'll take a while to let go...especially since the older you get, the more inhibitions you have. And, I am not good at anything that needs balance. Why? I cannot concentrate. I am a daydreamer. Even if I don't mean to, my mind will wander. Anyway, I am going again on Sunday. Maybe I will be able to get on and off the bike smoothly this time. We can't hold out for more than an hour anyway. It's too tiring and my butt hurts like hell after every session. Still, this is something I really wanna do. I don't wanna be useless all my life. I need some challenges and this is my challenge of the semester. Well, excluding Swedish of course...but finally, I have a partner who is patient and helpful. I really hope he continues to sit next to me...cos he helps me with the pronunciation and doesn't look at me with this condescending glance.

It's funny how life can change from one moment to the next. One moment you feel plagued with problems...then you find out that it's all a matter of perspective. When Max came over yesterday, I was gonna explode from all the questions I wanted/needed to ask. So I made use of the commercial break during Desperate Housewives, which we were watching together, to ask him what he expected of me. He asked me what I meant. You know, it's funny how it seems so logical to you when it's all in your head...but when it's put into words, it seems so different. He asked what he should expect of me. Haha...oh well. Then I said, "It's ok when you're here with me, but when you're not here, you don't even give me a sign that you're still alive." He laughed, saying something like you need a sense of mystery or something. Then I said, well like do you want me to call you or not call you? He said, "Just cos I don't call you doesn't mean I don't think about you." Ok, that was what I wanted to hear, I suppose. He's the antithesis of romantic, so I guess it needed to be prodded out of him. I am sinking so low...but oh well. I was happy for the rest of the evening. I was happy this morning too. Silly how something like that can make me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home