Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Thursday, June 09, 2005

I've been committing horrendous sins the past few days. On Tuesday, I ate all 288g of peanut M&Ms on my own...and I mean apart from the usual 3 main meals. On Wednesday, I wiped out half a loaf of bread, quite a lot of butter and a packet of ham and I don't mean for 3 meals...I mean for ONE. And today? Well, it began yesterday. I went to bed at 9.30pm...slept till 7am, tried to read a book, fell asleep till 9, woke up, tried to read again, but fell asleep still holding up the book with one hand...and woke up at 10:15. What is wrong with me??? Why have I become such a pig. I guess I hate reading stuff for school. Cos there isn't a comfortable place to read. I either sit on a chair (a hard one), or lie down on my bed...and you know what the latter leads to. I like writing. When I write, I don't feel like sleeping or eating so much...but too bad, a lot of work I have to do it reading and more reading. I miss secondary school homework...I LOVE workbooks. I love doing the same thing over and over...i.e. writing down answers one after another. It gives me a sense of achievement.

Anyway, I have been reading everyone else's blogs (I do it nearly every day actually) and realised what exciting lives everyone has. No one can really complain of boredom, if you know what I mean. And here I am, sinking into a routine which is driving me crazy. I love routines on one hand, cos they are predictable. But they drive me insane as well. I mean doing work based on a routine is fully ok with me, but not sleeping and eating like a pig routinely. If I routinely had fun, or routinely completed my homework, I wouldn't actually mind so much either. I just have to train myself and be more disciplined. I somehow seem to have lost my drive. I so need to find it again. The question is, where do I begin to look? I'd better find it soon, cos the semester is nearly over.

Maybe I am focussing too much on what I don't have. What about all the things I have? And I do have a lot, even if not everything in the world.

However, there is one thing I've been wanting to do for a while...I've been wanting to move out. I am so sick of my room already. I hate the dreary colours...it makes me feel even more depressed than I am. That's why I wanted to go to IKEA this Saturday, with Max. But Lee Ting decided that she would prefer to come over this weekend instead, so I guess I will have to call Max tonight and tell him that he can't stay over on Friday...probably we can meet him for lunch or dinner on Saturday. Not sure if he wants to do the whole touristy thing with us. He has work to do anyway, cos of some seminars. Actually, me too...but since Lee Ting is coming, I shall have to be doubly/triply hardworking this evening. No slacking allowed. The only problem is, I have to be up by 5am on Friday. Urgh. I have no way of developing a proper body clock at this rate.

I can't wait to show Lee Ting around! I love showing people around Dresden, even if it doesn't seem like it is a big place. It is still beautiful. Hopefully the weather is good. It's always great when there are blue skies in Dresden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home