Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Have not talked about anything but studying these couple of days...so I shall talk about football today!

Ok, I admit I don't know much about the technical side of football, but I love watching a match on TV every now and then. The last match I watched, was admittedly, a long time ago. I can't even remember which it was. The last memorable match was last year's Champions League final between Liverpool and AC Milan...that was ONE AMAZING match...I know lots of pple turned off the TV after the lst half...after all, AC Milan was leading 3-0...but Liverpool fought back and the score at full-time was 3-3. The penalties were exciting too.

Anyway, I was watching Bayern München vs AC Milan today...it wasn't too bad, though I was hoping for more action. Bayern was totally dominant in the first half. After 20 min or something, Bayern had 8 goal kicks to AC Milan's 1! And Ballack's goal from 24 metres was actually a really pretty one. He slotted it right in...gorgeous! Not the most beautiful I've ever seen, but still a very nice goal.

In case you're wondering, I'm not a big Bayern fan. But, I'm even less an AC Milan fan...

In any case, the ref awarded AC Milan a penalty...which, when watching the replay, wasn't exactly justified. And well, AC Milan scored. By the way, Oliver Kahn was injured, so his 21-year old replacement (who's a lot better looking!) had to play. I wouldn't say he was really tested during the match though. The ball mostly stayed in Bayern's half of the field...and in any case, there weren't many attempts at goal by AC.

And it ended.. 1:1

They also showed the highlights of the other matches played today. Lyon vs. PSV Eindhoven looked a lot more interesting...a lot more attempts at goal, for one. A lot of near misses. Real Madrid vs Arsenal looked pretty interesting too. I used to hate Arsenal, but ever since Chelsea started BUYING the "best team ever", I've begun to sympathise more with Arsenal. They're not doing all that well in the EPL either.

Ok, enough about football. It's time to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home