Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, February 10, 2006

Ok, coffee makes me totally restless! I can barely sit still...and all I drank was ONE cappucino. Ok, it might also be because I left the house for the first time since Monday...so many days of staying at home and not doing anything else. I'm surprised that I survived these past days, but I guess it's kinda easy to settle into a routine: wake up, shower, have breakfast, work on my translation, prepare lunch, have lunch, start revision, watch TV, prepare dinner, have dinner, revise and watch tv, sleep. Sometimes I take a nap...but only for 30 min, so it doesn't really affect my day at all.

I met my "boss" for the first time today...the one who's been giving me translation work. We actually had no idea what each other looked like, but resourceful ol' me decide to check the company website and surprise surprise, there was a photo of him there. Have to admit that he doesn't exactly look like his photo. Maybe I shocked him when I simply came up from behind and said "Hallo, ich bin die Samantha" without even asking if he was the right person. But, he managed to hide his surprise well. He didn't even ask me how I knew it was him. Maybe he was just relieved that he didn't have to be the one trying to find out which person was Samantha. He's very nice, just as the guy who introduced me to the job said. But erm, it was kinda weird cos I'm totally afraid of these awkward silences. I probably also talked a lot cos I haven't actually talked to any living, breathing person in a while...not a proper conversation anyway. I hope I didn't scare him. Haha. He brought me peanut cake too...so nice! I prefer pineapple tarts, but how was he to know anyway? But yay! Nice food to eat!

Oh...and man...they switched the tramlines again...a gazillion detours again...I had no idea where I could take my tram from...:( But in the end, I managed to figure out lah...phew! I'd forgotten how often the tram lines in Dresden change.

Ok lah, should really start studying for my exams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home