Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Tuesday, January 24, 2006




These are the photos of Fu Wei's and my baking efforts this weekend. We baked pizza on Saturday evening, and watched Deutschland Sucht Den Superstar together. It was an interesting show because one guy who, unfortunately, can't really sing dropped out...and was replaced within 24 hours, by a guy who used to be a girl. He's cute though...and has a likeable face. Our pizza was really meaty. We had sausage AND ham...and we also had mushrooms, onions and A LOT of cheese. Yummmmmmmiiiiieee!

On Sunday, we baked chocolate muffins with chocolate bits inside. I was trying to use up my butter and the chocolate Fu Wei and I bought for her birthday cake. It turned out really nice. I loved the hot, melty chocolate so much that I ate six of them at one shot!

And the rest of the time, I spent revising for Swedish and doing some translation work. I am beginning to like translation a fair bit...especially when I am working for a systematic and thorough boss. Very impressive!

The Swedish exam was today. It wasn't very easy, unlike the last exam, but it wasn't so hard that I had to cry or tear out my hair. I think I should be able to pass without any major problems. In terms of grammar and stuff, I think my Swedish is not too bad, but I really really really need help in pronunciation. I sound AWFUL when I try to speak Swedish. Same goes for Czech, actually...

It is positively freezing over here. It was -20 degrees Celsius yesterday. I kid you not. And right now, it's still a negative temperature...and I now know what it feels like when you are chilled to the bone. And I had 2 sweaters and 2 jackets on! Man oh man!! I refuse to go out if I can help it...but I have to go see a lecturer soon, in about 1 hour's time...so no choice. I am just thinking about whether I should go watch "Memoirs of a Geisha" after that. If I watch it today, I save 50 cents, but I'll have to rush my preparation for my German class tomorrow. Dunno why, but I feel totally unmotivated to teach this week. Maybe cos I have so many other things on my mind. Like exams and reports, and lecturers to see and all that. It's not an easy time for me...but on the up side, one exam is over...only have 2 more to go...and the damn lesson report. Time may not be on my side, but I'll take things one day at a time and eventually, I'll be back in Singapore and enjoying myself like crazy by the pool or wherever. That's my light at the end of the tunnel fantasy anyway.

Fu Wei's flying home today. How sad :( One less person to hang out with and have fun with...have to find other distractions for the next 6 weeks or so...but I'll survive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home