Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, May 19, 2006

Last night turned out to be quite different from expected, or rather, planned. You see, the planned purpose was to learn how to cook Spanish food. The result was that I only had ONE spoonful of the soup we cooked. Haha...and now, the details of what happened in between:

Fu Wei said she wasn't coming cos of badminton...but her partner cancelled and she decided to go catch this dance show instead, but said she'd pop by after that.

So ok, met Carlos at the tram stop. I forgot what he looked like, but had a rough idea...thankfully, his back was facing me at first, so I didn't have to stare for a while to make sure I was right. Well, he was alone, which was good, because as he probably wouldn't have been able to pick me out from a bunch of Asians, I couldn't pick him out from a bunch of pple I thought looked more or less similar as well.

He said he had a surprise for me...haha...and the surprise was that 3 of his friends from Leipzig were there too, to eat. And that Sebastian and Nico would come later. I told him that Fu Wei would probably come later too. So we all sat at the table preparing stuff. The guy peeled and cut the potatoes, and I cut the onions...my hands now smell oniony...but the tearing bit wasn't too bad...expected it to be worse. Talked a bit with the one guy there who could speak better English...the 2 girls were too shy. But they were nice and friendly-looking.

Then we ate pasta first, cos the soup would take a long long time, apparently. The pasta was a bit too salty for me and by the time I got to the last bits, I was very full and the salt was a bit too much. I can't believe I was so bad at hiding it though. Carlos actually noticed me making a face when I was eating the last bits. Ooops. I definitely have to get better at acting. Well, the food was not bad..it was just A LOT..and salty.

After cleaning up, we went to the club downstairs to have a drink. I might mention again that I cannot hold my alcohol. So after one drink, I could totally feel the effects of the alcohol. But it wasn't as bad as some of the times where I couldn't really walk straight after...erm, like after drinking Glühwein at the Weihnachtsmarkt. They had this band...the music wasn't TOO bad but the guy's singing cannot be described as such. Carlos said the lead singer'd be a good model for shampoo, cos he had such long hair. Fu Wei and the 2 guys came soon after...Fu Wei asked Carlos if he knew the Spanish tennis players...which is how we found out that his surname was Moya...but before you think he's got the exact same name as the tennis player, he added that it's different, cos the tennis player's last name has an accent on the "a". Aha..

OH...and DARN IT! I forgot all about the Champions' League FINAL!!!! I dunno why I got the idea that it was on 20th May or something...so when I saw the newspaper with the report, I was like, "OOOOHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Carlos doesn't like Barcelona...I don't really have an opinion about either team, but I used to not like Arsenal, cos they were Man Utd's rivals (this was a LOOOONG time ago). But since Chelsea started buying players like nobody's business, my dislike has shifted a bit towards them. I don't HATE Chelsea, but it is kinda stupid if the same team keeps winning year after year after year...like Bayern Munich also...and that Ballack ah...from one to another...let's see how he survives at Chelsea.

Soon, we had enough of the music and went to the 10th floor of the building to have a look, cos Nico lives there. It was really nice and the view is great. Fu Wei took some photos of us and the gorgeous Rathaus background. Then we walked through the Altstadt and crossed the bridge to the Neustadt and walked to Albertplatz. Then Carlos, Fu Wei and I made a U-turn and headed back in the direction of his place, cos the rest wanted to go have a drink or something. But we ended up meeting them on the tram again, cos we walked back across the river to take the tram. Fu Wei took more photos on the bridge. It was very peaceful and quiet...very nice..but I wouldn't take night strolls on my own...too dangerous. We wanted to at least taste the soup...and I'd left my bag in Carlos' room...so we had to go back to his place anyway. But Fu Wei was already super tired by then, so after a short while, she decided to go back...but it was too rushed for me. I hate running after buses...so I decided to stay and wait for the next bus...and maybe try the soup too. Well, I actually only did get a mouthful of it, and I said, "It needs more salt" and Carlos laughed, because he said he tried to put less salt after the pasta incident. Then he tasted it and agreed that there needed to be more salt. But in the end, I never got to try it again. We talked for about half an hour. I could see him falling asleep too...but I'd gotten to the point where I've lacked sleep for too long and was thus running on adrenalin. I felt bad though...but I certainly wasn't gonna stand around in the cold for so long. It was already nearly 2.30am when the bus came. I sure wasn't gonna wake up at 4.45am to go swimming anymore.

Anyway, it was cold, so Carlos lent me one of his jackets. I am eternally grateful because I would've froze otherwise. Then I looked again at it this morning, it turned out to be a Zara jacket, which made me remember that Zara was a Spanish brand...haha...sorry, so random...

So yeah, that's how the unexpected evening turned out to be even better fun that expected. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home