Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Well, exams are over. Erm..should be happy, but I'm not really because I didn't really put in all that much effort into my work this sem...it has shown. I got a 2,0 for Classroom English, which, apart from the grammar part, was actually my best class this sem in terms of grades. I got a 3,7 for Swedish...I think 3,7 is the worst grade I have ever received in my entire university career but...it might be "topped" by Czech and Wortschatzerwerb, which I will probably fail. Not that the exams were very difficult...in fact, the Wortschatzerwerb one was ridiculously easy...if I had actually studied for it. But I didn't. I was slacking and watching the World Cup. I only have myself to blame. But don't worry, I am not crying my eyes out or anything. It's just a quiet regret...and hopefully, a reminder to put in more effort the next time round.

Also kinda sad: Klinsmann is not continuing as coach of the German team. :( Sigh. Ok, I know he's a controversial figure, who made many controversial decisions, but I really do like him. He's got a nice smile and very silly expressions..and he has a good rapport with the team, so it'll be a bit to see him go. But I think the German team can also do well without him. He was like the revolutionary leader who was needed to kick start the whole process of finding and introducing young players into the team and force the team out of its comfort zone. But the rest of the coaching team, with Joachim Löw, Andreas Köpke and Oliver Bierhoff is remaining intact and I think that they will be able to continue the good work that Klinsmann has started. I am sad to see Klinsmann go, but at least he made sure to leave behind a very good team and coaching structure, which is vital to keeping the team intact after he is gone.

On a happier note, our building has gotten new letterboxes (finally, no more lousy wooden ones which always get damaged by weird drunk pple) and a new network! No more desperate cable shaking and terminators!! No more being affected by other people using the Internet! Yay!! I am sooooooo happy! After 3 years of using a BNC-Netzwerk, I can tell you not to take your Internet connection for granted! YAY!!!!! It works beautifully!! The administrators are a bit weird though...they were talking to each other for a long time, pretending that we weren't there. And one of the guys was so pleased that he managed to shut down the network on one entire floor in dunno how many seconds flat. And the other guy was like "Yay, I just have to wait another 2 more hours and I can shut this guy's internet off!!" Erm...what's with all the Schadenfreude man?? But thankfully, they quickly settled our stuff and we left. I guess that's what the school newspaper meant by putting "Informatikstudenten" on their Top 10 list of who not to date.

And now I am free...well, sort of..I mean I already have a plan of what I wanna do during the hols. I will: write my Indian Cinema term paper, finish my Landeskunde Projekt, maybe write one more Hausarbeit for Literatur...and then revise Czech and Swedish cos I am really behind in these 2 subjects. As for the rest of the summer, I want to read Jürgen Klinsmann's biography, one novel I ordered and Simone de Beauvoir's The Mandarins. And swim. And meet up with friends. Actually, this is definitely a lot more than I can achieve...since you know, plans are plans.

All I wanna do now is go shopping! Waiting for Mai though.

Oh...and meet up with Steffi and Angeline...and then go to Copenhagen! I have never been there and it wasn't one of the places I've been dying to go to...but it was a spontaneous decision and now I am getting all excited about it. I wanna see the Little Mermaid and the palaces! Actually, I know close to nothing about Denmark, but I am still excited. Am going to read up more and hopefully figure out what I wanna do there.

Yay! Exams are over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home