Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, April 11, 2003

Phew...another long day at work.
I was at the Hannover Messe yesterday. There was a lot to see, but such engineering stuff is just not my thing. I did go on a huge round of the premises and in 2 WHOLE hours, covered all 27 Halls without really looking at anything, except I noticed there were a lot of similar products and A LOT of exhibitors from China. I really preferred the train ride there and back. I went to Hannover with Holger and while on the train, he helped me to figure out the visa crap and where to go and all that. Hopefully I can get an extention or I will be dead. I realise that my visa took 4 weeks...and that was in Singapore! I'm going to try on Monday morning, since Alex was so kind to let me come to work late.
Anyway, on the train, Holger told me about how he met his girlfriend and about their wedding which will be in September. It is somehow really nice to hear these stories, to know that there are people who are blissfully in love. I told him my plans for Uni and he gave me a few suggestions. He also very kindly treated me to a drink and ice cream.
The way back was slightly less pleasant. I went back with Harald, who is very nice, but just that our seating arrangement was totally screwed up and so well, we didn't see each other at all in the train, although we were supposed to meet in the restaurant. Also, though I had a reservation for 2 seats, some weirdo was sitting in one of the seats and was trying to make himself all comfy and sleep. This meant I had less leg room, since I was sitting in a cabin instead of in normal seats. Other than that, I loved the train ride. The train was going at like 250km/h. The scenery was great too, albeit the fact that it was interrupted by a couple of tunnels. Forgive me for being stupid, but I asked Holger why they had to have so many tunnels and he said that in order for the train to travel at such a speed, the tracks would have to be flat. Hmm, another lesson learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home