Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, May 07, 2004

Weekend again. Not feeling too hot this week. Swamped with more homework than ever and silly me...why did I agree to go to see furniture with my friend? I don't even need any furniture.

In any case, I seriously wasted a lot of time yesterday cleaning up the wash area. I mean sure I had to clean it for the inspection today, but the caretaker like banged on my door when I was having lunch...and asked me who the pots and pans outside belonged to. She threatened to take them away. Then she asked, "Whose are these? A German's or Chinese's? (this is a direct translation)" and well, I said, "German" and then she said she'd leave a note for them. Hello...so does this mean that if they belonged to a PRC, she would've thrown them away without a second thought? I find this throughly disturbing. In addition to that, she insisted I clean the wash area (which is my responsibility). I said I'd do it in the evening (cos I was halfway through my lunch. At first she said okay..then she poured detergent on the floor and said I should start cleaning up now...so no choice right? So I spent about 1-2 hours just scrubbing away at the sinks and mopping the floor and wiping the mirrors. I felt dead tired after that. It's not a big place or anything, but I had to scrub really hard to get rid of the accumulated I dunno what. The greatest injustice of it all is, the inspection group didn't even really inspect the place. They just opened the unit door and peeked in and left. Now is that sick or is that sick?!

Went shopping today. Found spinach! You cannot believe how happy I am! I miss eating spinach so much!! Will probably cook porridge and add carrots and spinach to it...boy...getting hungry just thinking about it...

Oh well, here's to a long weekend of homework!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home