Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Saturday, July 23, 2005

It's 8 am and I am sitting in our dirty, dark corridor just so I can use the internet. Mai and Phuong got the guys to connect the cable directly from the guys' room to theirs, so I had to find a t-connector outside to connect my cable to. Oh they're awake now. But oh well, I don't quite need to use it for very long.

I wish I could say that I was progressing. Maybe...but the pain is just turning into indignance and anger. Someone told me she took 8 months to get over it and she even did rather badly for her exams. I am very lucky that I did ok for all of my exams. It's hard for us because we are in a foreign country with no family and not many good friends. It helps a bit to know that someone in the same situation can survive...even though it doesn't cancel away the pain. I am tempted to curse all men...but I guess it's not fair to those who are really good to their wives or girlfriends.

Mai made fresh spring rolls yesterday. Everyone ate 2 and I ate 4. I was really hungry by then, I guess. But then there was dessert and cake and wine. Aiyoh. And after that, Steffi and I went to watch Madagascar at UFA. We bought popcorn and coke. It was way to much. I didn't stop eating for one second and by the end of the movie, there was still at least 1/3 if not 1/2 left. Steffi's dad will come send me to the airport on Monday!

I'm going last minute shopping with Liu Jian today. I have a few things I need to buy. I calculated how much I spent on clothes and accesories since May 28th...and it's 256 Euro...over $500...is that scary or what? This is really expensive break up therapy. And I'm not counting the money I spent on CDs, the trip to Kassel and other odds and ends. But, I hope I will not end up in this state too many times in my life...or I'll find less expensive ways of dealing with it.

Mai's gonna make the fried spring rolls tomorrow...we're gonna have another little party. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home