Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, April 28, 2006

I'm still on a buzz from yesterday. I somehow get along with Angeline quite well, and it's not cos she's the only Singaporean I knew in Dresden. I think she's what I wanna be, when I'm older and have to give up being a kid and become a woman. She's got the liefstyle and the smarts that I'd love to have...and she's really really easy to get along with.

Anyway, today wasn't bad either. It started off pretty good...well, not THAT great. I had to drag myself out of bed at 4.45am, cos Fu Wei wanted to go swimming too, so I had to wake up earlier so both of us could get ready and get out of the door early enough. Fu Wei's a great person, but a little scatterbrained. We'll have to repeat this tomorrow morning because we're meeting at 4.45am at the Hauptbahnhof to go to Rostock. Blah. It's nearly 10pm and I am not in bed yet. To have gotten my 8 hours of sleep, I would've had to go to bed at 7.45pm. Instead, I was baking muffins at that time. I haven't baked in quite a while. Today I made chocolate, coconut and raisin muffins. Trying to finish up the coconut that Fu Wei bought the last time. She thought you could add water and make a drink out of it. But it was erm, dessicated coconut. So I've been using it for cakes and cookies. Oh..and I sprinkled almonds on the top. It's great to have a basic recipe and then create all these different variations depending on what you have at home.

Ok, back to the swimming. I luurve the coach. She's really good at motivating pple...I've learnt more in the last 3 weeks with her than 2 semesters with the last guy. She really watches you and gives you concrete tips to improve. And mind you, it isn't a one-on-one session. She gives great tips to everyone! And man, my strokes are nowhere near perfect, but she compliments you on what you do right and tells you what you can do to improve. Man! She is great lah...I usually don't like people telling me what to do, but she does it right. And, I actually notice the improvement myself! I find that even if I'm not doing it perfect, it definitely feels way better than it used to. It's no longer so strenuous in a bad way. But she was really full of praises...but not in an insincere way. She said that she could really see that I was putting in effort, and that some other people didn't really care and just did what they wanted. Well, I used to be some other people...but she's discovered the magic formula with me. Telling me everything I do wrong doesn't help. I have an intrinsic rebellious reflex. And if you tell me what I do wrong, you have to tell me how I can do it right. I only accept constructive criticism. The compliments really help to soften the blow of the advice.

So, that's why I felt so good this morning! Then, went home and settled stuff...cooked and all that. Then had my Contemporary Indian Cinema seminar. It was kinda funny. We watched a song and dance sequence with Amitabh Bachan and Shah Rukh Khan...very colourful and lively. And then the Prof had a stillframe of the both of them. These 2 guys who walked past our seminar room actually stopped and stared at the photo of the 2 guys. Then when they noticed us laughing and the prof turned around, they quickly walked away.

Then there was tennis. Actually, I think the coach is kinda cute...but ugh...I HATE all the drills he makes us do. I do not deny that I have ZERO "Ballgefühl"...but it's just embarrassing to have him watch us do these drills...I don't like hitting the ball up in the air for fun...or using my hand to hit the ball...ESPECIALLY using my hand to hit the ball. It makes my hand hurt like crazy lah! It made me a little whiny and pouty. Like some spoilt child. But, I forgive him because he's cute. But this session made it clear to me that it was a good choice to have joined the beginners' class. I'd probably die if I were in the advanced group...just cos I totally am not good enough.

BUT...I really really WANT my OWN racquet! My family's not really efficient...I asked my mum to check how much it costs to send my racquet here...it's been days and I haven't heard anything. If they aren't gonna send it, I wanna buy my own! I cannot tahan the heavy and SMALL-faced racquets they have...the stringing is lousy lor! Blah.

I went to REWE after tennis to get butter, eggs and baking powder for my muffins. There was yet another cute guy at the cashier. This is quite amazing...ok...maybe not all of them are cute, but it is surely a change from all the typical 35-45 year old female cashiers that you see all the time. Haha...this is definitely an improvement for the female demographic! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home