Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Today was absolutely fabulous! I haven't had as much fun as this in ages! The day started off pretty normally...went for Swedish class and didn't understand a thing, which isn't new. Then I went home to shower and have breakfast...and then was late for class for the very first time in my uni career, cos I was waiting for Mai and we missed the bus. We promised ourselves that we'd definitely go earlier next week. It was a bit paiseh to walk in so late...but we didn't miss THAT much. There was one very long, very boring presentation. The girl next to me was reading the whole time...but I wasn't going crazy trying to copy everything down, cos the presenter was gonna put everything online anyway...AND, I was looking forward to meeting Angeline for lunch. Very looking forward to it. I haven't seen her since just before Christmas. It's been months! She came back this weekend to move out of her place here. She's been in the south since the new year. Sigh...it's a sad occasion, but I got to see her at least. She'll visit Dresden again in July, but that's still a couple of months away. But we'll probably get to do more then, cos she'll be staying about a week and my exams should be over by then. Yay!

We met at Asia Snack for lunch. The food was great, as usual. This is only the 3rd time I've eaten out since coming back. Don't usually go out on my own. I had my fave beef noodles...mmmm...after sitting in the sun for a while and chatting for about 2 hours, we bought drinks and walked down Prager Strasse. We went into a lot of stores...it was so fun...and we talked the whole time...she tried on shoes, which were really pretty! She bought them, they're pretty, blue Esprit ones...I've brought my new shoes over, so I didn't need to buy any new ones. I told her about them though. Haha :)Then we went into H&M and spent a long long time there! I tried on quite a few things, but they were either too ex, didn't look THAT nice, or were similar to what I already have. But I ended up with one top that I liked. It's actually maternity wear, but you probably couldn't guess except for the label. And the fact that's it's longer and doesn't taper in at the waist. But it's great for those "fat days". And it's pink...haha. Looks great with my jeans. Angeline bought a lot more, but that's cos she doesn't get to go shopping much now that she's working in a way smaller town. But it's really fun to shop with her. Time just passed by really really quickly! Then I went to Orsay and saw that skirt that I'd wanted to buy in Berlin. The saleslady then had told me to check in again in 3 months, cos I'd told her that it was too expensive for me then. It cost 39,90 Euro. And today, it was 9,90! I really couldn't believe it! And I was just telling Angeline about it before that. Amazing!! 9,90! Sometimes having patience really does pay off! :) Yay!! But that was just one of the highlights. Angeline and I then went to the Altmarkt Galerie , where she needed to get contact lens solution. Her husband called her...and this was the first time we'd looked at our watches. It was already 6.30pm! Amazing...and cos it doesn't get dark so early now that it's summer, we totally didn't notice that time had flown by so quickly! We walked around Altmarkt a little while more...then after buying some groceries, we left and walked to the tram stop. It was hard to say goodbye...but at least I know I'll see her again in July...it might be a long time...but the fact that I'll definitely get to see her again really does help a lot. By the time I'd gotten onto the train, it was already 8pm...amazing how time flies when you're having fun! It was really the best day I've had in a long long time! I've been so busy with work that I haven't done anything apart from uni-related stuff. And I hardly have friends here...so it was just so much fun! Liu Jian will be back for a week next month...and Steffi will be back in June! These are my closest friends here and most have been away for eons...I think this sem will be great...apart from being busy with school, that is. I really do love summer! I love the long days and being able to wear pretty clothes! :) Now I just hope to survive the huge pile of homework and assignments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home