Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, May 05, 2006

I am on a high today...

The weather is beyond beautiful! The skies are blue, the sun is shining and the temperature is 22 deg Celsius. It's like Singapore but with airconditioning! I've been wearing skirts and cropped pants the past 3 days...and I LOVE it! I think I even have a slight tan from playing tennis. I can't wish for anything better than this!

Well, let me just tell you a little bit more about what's happened the past 2 days or so. First, we have a new neighbour...it's this Vietnamese girl who has a German boyfriend...erm...well, I guess I have to assign her with something to remember her by. I actually met her like 2 years ago or so...she still has the same boyfriend...which makes me wonder how come I can't stay long with the same person. But I guess that's not like even my worry right now...I mean you can only think about such things when you're actually already in a relationship I guess.

Anyway, I was getting ready to sleep already, cos I had a 7.30 class the next morning. BUT...I hear hammering and lots of noise! So I open the door and get the shock of my life! There are tons of things sitting in the Waschraum. TONS of boxes, suitcases and just lots and lots of clutter...so much that we were only able to use 1 out of the 4 sinks we have in there. Blah...and they kept making noise. Hello, it was way after 10pm...fortunately, I can fall asleep in spite of the noise. I thank Remy Ong for this...I was inspired by him..or rather, his "sit in the middle of the room, play very very loud music and try to concentrate on one thing" training. Once I read that in the newspaper...I figured that if he could do it, I can too...and it has worked...not that I listen to loud music and try to tune it out...but I learn how to ignore the less important things and concentrate on what I want.

Oh, I got invited to my presentation partner's housewarming. I've never been to a housewarming here..and I can't remember what housewarmings in Singapore are like. So I have no idea what to bring. But I've decided to bake cookies. If they don't like it, I'll just eat it on my own. Fu Wei's coming along too...she may be blur but she's not shy...which makes her the perfect candidate. I thought of her immediately when he said I could bring a friend along. But erm, seeing that I don't know anyone there and I generally don't like to hang out with lots and lots of people at the same time...I just might leave early. Or maybe I'll get to know some nice people. I'll let you know what happens. I also wonder if people actually show up punctually for such things...don't intend to be there at 8pm sharp in any case, although I really prefer to be punctual.

Ok...so anyway, I had Swedish...I started daydreaming while a CD was playing...it's not that it was boring, but I didn't understand anything...so I kinda drifted off. I feel a bit sad lah, cos I do wanna be good at other languages...but the thing is, I guess when I know I'm bad at something, it's very very hard to feel motivated. Blah. I have to give myself a kick in the ass and start doing something.

Then somehow, the rest of the day went by...and before I knew it, it was time to sleep already...I did sleep a little later than I planned to, but I still managed to drag myself out of bed somehow, at 4.45am.

Fu Wei couldn't find her wallet...and she also forgot to bring her sport ID...she is really blur man...she also left her keys in the toilet when she went out just now. After we finished swimming and left, she realised that her wallet was in her bag...but she really did forget her ID.

Anyway, swimming didn't go so well today...I just couldn't get the breaststroke right...blah...it's tough...but I wanna get it right...and then, I tried the front crawl...AWFUL...I couldn't swim straight and I practically ended up drinking a lot of water. So paiseh and also very tiring...sigh. Oh well...will try harder next week...hope it will be more like last week, when the coach said that I'd finally got it...well, I lost it this week in any case. Still, the air was nice and fresh when we got out and I don't regret having to wake up early to go for swimming. It was already bright at 5.20am...very very bright...I love summer!

Then I had class at 11.10...decided to wear a tank top and cropped pants...very summery...most other people actually still had long sleeves on...but I am glad that I went like that...the temperature was perfect. The class was pretty interesting too...the prof always has interesting info tidbits for us. For example, he told us today that the most searched word on the Internet before 1993 or something like that was "sex" and after 1993, it was "mp3"...haha. Illegal downloads!

Then, back home, had lunch and went off for tennis. Fu Wei wanted to come along and see the coach...but she was still marinating meat, so she said she'd join me later. We had silly drills again today...as I mentioned before, I am not a fan of drills and I freely admit that I have no "Ballgefühl" at all. Still, it seems to belong to tennis...so just had to do lah. The coach is really kinda bratty...like some kid who hasn't quite grown up...but he's also so cute...and somehow, he really does have that tennis player body...even though I'm not one who cares about what guys' bodies look like. I have this urge to pinch his cheeks...yeah...he looks like a small boy whom adults would pinch and go "sooooo cuuuuuuutttttteee!". Ok, but on to my problems...I keep hitting the ball while I'm still running...we're supposed to run, stop and THEN hit...oops...I still need a while to get used to it. But for some reason, people keep throwing the balls further from me than for other people...so I end up having to run more than the others. Blah. Maybe they are not so good at estimating the distance in a different direction (everyone's right-handed except for me and this other guy). Still...I'm really beginning to like these tennis sessions. All I need is my own, lighter, bigger tennis racquet...then I won't feel like my arm is aching and I can concentrate on staring at eye candy...oh...and playing tennis ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home