Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

HaHA....back again...I can slack cos (1) my entire department...well, those pple who are in the immediate 'neighbourhood' are all at some presentation and (2) I have finished the work assigned to me, as far as my participation is concerned.

So..anyway, life is good...erm except I need more friends...but well, it's to be expected when I work in an office full of older people in an ulu suburb...well, apart from Alex's stupid and disgusting jokes, which Ruth really hates, he is quite okay lah...can see why he is not married...too disgusting for any girl to like. But as I've said earlier, there seems to be this MARRIED lady who loves him a lot. You see, Alex took me on a 'tour' of the department (as in the whole whole thing, not just in this big office room) and we came upon this table, which he said was Andrea's, who's sick right now. I wasn't really sure who it was, until he said, 'She is always over with us' (forgive the crazy direct translation) and I said 'With you, don't you mean?' I think he wanted to kill me then...but then who can blame me when all the evidence points that way? I mean like she's sick right? And of all people she calls to tell, it is ALEX....haha. And he thinks I am stupid...humph. But it is very funny cos whenever she comes over, it is always straight to Alex's desk, which is behind mine so I can obviously see which in which direction she is heading cos she has to pass my desk. Haha!

Holger is, I think, going to get married soon. He is one reason why I think guys with steady girlfriends tend to be nicer to girls...he has suggested many things I can do here and like showed me the library here in Siemens. He also usually asks if I wanna come along for lunch, to save me from having to be thick-skinned enough to ask if I can go along. Alex asks me too but I get the feeling he wants to get rid of me actually. You see, yesterday he asked if I was coming along for lunch, then said that I didn't have to... Actually I think he does treat me as an extra appendage which he doesn't need. He does enjoy making me feel dumb though. He was talking about how German weather in November really sux and I said that the weather in Singapore wasn't all that great either...he then insisted on asking Ormond (this guy who also worked in Singapore for abt 4 years) to see if I was right...plus, he enjoys the fact that I don't know how to ride a bicycle....HUMPH!

Haha....well, there is always a lot going on in my office. Even Ruth thinks it is super noisy at times and I must agree. Sometimes I wanna shout 'Shut up man!' but of course I can't cos I am definitely the youngest here and the newest so I got no authority...oh but there's this really cute little man here called Herr (Mr) Kuk who's alway jolly and knows a lot of things...even the seemingly scary adults (as in married with children) are quite nice actually, just that I am too scared to talk to them.

There's this girl who apparently hated Grace, my senior last year, but I just talked to her yesterday and she is very nice to me...hmm...I suppose I am not pretty or flirtatious
and hence not a threat to her...which is a good thing...I love peace...and since I don't exactly look up to Grace, it is fine with me.

Haha, well, looks like everyone here is still missing, so I am going to have lunch with Ruth today. Wow, the weather looks so much better today...blue skies and all.

I think I am addicted to chewing gum...well, I suppose after years of not chewing it, it kinda is fun and helps me to keep awake at work...plus, the water here sux, so the gum helps to kill the taste of the grossness. Like quick man, someone find me Ice Mountain or something!! I am going to die of thirst here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home