Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Friday, February 07, 2003

Wow, has it really been 3 days since I last wrote here? My goodness...anyway, have been busy with work...FINALLY..well, I've actually spent the last 3 days doing the same thing...updating addresses but it's okay. Some guy was really happy that I was updating the stuff...he said that he sent an email to the wrong address. Well, I must say this...my department is full of guys who are 30 plus 40 over...I haven't like really really talked to anyone, apart from the guy in charge of me, Alex and the guy sitting opposite, Holger. I suppose also cos they are the closest to my age. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that just in these few days, I have managed to establish myself as a complete work ignoramus...sigh...but they are quite okay about it...even though it is really cannot make it to screw up a mindless task like updating addresses from on online database into the department database.

In any case, most of the days have been boring...wake up, go to work, go for lunch, back to work and then go home, watch TV, sleep. Holger suggested that Ruth and I go to town cos there are many students there and we can practice speaking German with them. I wonder why on earth it never crossed my mind. But anyway, good idea...will try it, but knowing Ruth, we might end up not going, since she is quite a homebody, even if she does like going shopping sometimes. Will make a suggestion to her not to always go for lunch together...go with our own department pple...but then again ah, really weird to go with a whole bunch of older men...

Going to meet Ruth to settle some bank thing. Going shopping later...so fun!! I can't wait man...haven't really gone shopping since we got here. It's really weird here. People come in and go home as they wish...like no set time to leave kinda thing...well, gtg for now. Tschüs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home