Life...and other afflictions

The rantings and uninteresting events of my life

Thursday, February 13, 2003

Man...I am slacking 3 days in a row...this is not very good. But well, it's necessary, after the trauma of yesterday. Actually, I don't know who is more traumatized, me or Alex. You see, he tried to teach me how to do some stuff with Excel and after the 4th time he explained the whole thing, I was still shaking my head in confusion. I think he wanted to tear his hair out and scream...but well, he didn't. Not worth it I guess. So anyway, I learnt quite a fair bit about Excel yesterday, oh, and Outlook too. Yes, I am a suaku. I actually planned to learn more about the various computer programs before I came over but well, shopping and going out were way too tempting for me. So yes, the books were ditched in the corner of my room until they were due back at the library (typical of me, yes).

Also, had coffee with the collegues for the first time. As in it's different from going for lunch. There's this like place on every floor where you can stand up and have coffee and smoke. Erm, duh, I am not the one smoking...ciggys are way too poisonous. Think gross MOH 'this is a healthy lung.....this is a lung after 3 years of smoking 1 pack of cigarettes a day!' advertisement. EEEWWWW! But can understand why they smoke....two words: cold and boring. Plus, got ciggy vending machines all over the place. As long as you have money, you can smoke, no matter how old you are. You know, before you're the legal age to drink, smoke etc, all these forbidden things are so tempting...but guess what? Though I drank a fair bit of alcohol and went to discos when I was 15, I have no desire to do such things anymore...well, drink anyway. Look man, I've been in Germany, Beer capital of the world, for 1 and a half weeks and I haven't touched alcohol at all.

My German has gotten worse I think. Some ppl correct me word for word, just like with a little kid stuck in remedial class. I have no luck with German, just as I lucked out with Chinese. Sigh. So embarrassing. SIX years and still not much in the way of improvement. I can't hold a proper conversation at all!! Man I suck...

I'm also losing touch with Singapore. Why? Cos hardly anyone sends me emails...*sob sob sob* please, I am desperate!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home